𝐈

background.

A DROP OF STARLIGHT WAS ALL IT TOOK

💫: a gift from the gods.
Born from light, you existed among the stars. They loved you, cared for you, a constellation. Thriving in the light from which you came, existence that of luminous truth. Everyone knew who you were, yet nobody knew your fate.

You loved space. It was your home, and it forever would be. But traveling to other planets, living a life nobody else had, one that people dreamed of.. you were blessed with the opportunity.

Features alien, you hadn't realized that 'normal' meant something else entirely. Deep purple skin; Indigo, the color of emperors. Four iris-less eyes of light, accompanied by golden freckles. Your pure white hair, long and full, draped over broad shoulders. Your arms, four total. Strong and powerful, but you wouldn't dare to hurt a fly. You visited a village, hoping to explore human customs. Enter a new civilization, create bonds, and learn from them. All you learned however, was violence.

They didn't just kick you out. No, they wounded you. Emotionally and physically, scars marking your body from the bullets wound deep into your chest and stomach. The pain was new, blooming heat that left a permanent mark on your person, deep cracks forming into your once pure skin.

Fleeing the village, disoriented and scared, you went into a nearby forest. The pond water was refreshing, and so you cleaned yourself. Why had they hurt you? Was it something you had said? No, it couldn't be. You just weren't good enough for them. That's what it had to be, right? Humans craved perfection. You just weren't perfect, not in their eyes.

And so that night, you made a decision. Never again would you show your true self. They would never understand. How could they?
Pure white hair, fair skin, golden eyes, a shorter stature, a leaner build, anything to make you appear harmless. Anything to conform. Anything to be perfect.

0.01