△ 1 △

△▼△

As it begins to dawn, the temperature in the air turns from cool to warm while the moon disappears. Chan stares through the wide skylight window on his ceiling with bleary brown eyes as the colors shift in the sky.

It's been another night of minimum sleep, no surprise there. He's always been an insomniac but right now, he had no true reason to be. Everything was fine. His pups were with him and they all slept through the night like the angels they are. The pack is fine, and his friends are fine. Everything is stable and everyone is healthy but for the life of him, he just can not get any sleep.

It's been officially 7 years since he took over the position of his pack as the alpha. Being the son of the pack alpha, the role was going to be his either way but he took it on at the springing age of 19. His father recognized the drive his alpha had to protect and lead even at a young age, and despite the fact he was still plenty young enough to continue to lead, he stepped down so Chan could take over. And Chan was quick to deliver his potential. The pack absolutely adored him and he loved them just as dearly, doing everything in his power to please all of them and help them with anything they asked for whenever they asked for it, no questions asked.

It's been 4 years since he's been a father. After just 2 years of being the alpha, he was constantly asked when he would pick a mate and start a family. All of his friends had already mated as soon as they were of age and some of them even had pups already. Being the pack alpha was Chan's greatest accomplishment. Sure, he wanted a mate and pups just like everyone else but it wasn't his top priority, the pack was. No matter how many times he ignored their questions or avoided their attempts, the pack was adamant about him mating and having pups. To compromise, Chan decided to help one of his omegas with their heats. If she got pregnant, the pack would stop pushing him into finding a mate and if he didn't, he'd have six months to court and mate an omega.

Chan chose Danbi, an omega he grew up with and knew very well. They were friends with the potential of being more but Chan never let himself explore those feelings, adamant about staying true to his future position as the pack alpha. She was small for an omega with irregular heats, but she was the only one he trusted to carry his pups. When she unexpectedly goes into heat, she begs Chan to assist her and with the deal on his back, Chan readily agrees. It's revealed afterward that Danbi carried triplets, a number of pups that her body could not handle. The pack did everything they could to aid her pregnancy but the moment Chan's last pup, Aria, was born, Danbi succumbed to her weak body and died, leaving Chan to raise three pups on his own.

Of course, Chan wasn't truly alone. He had his pack, his family, his friends. He wasn't truly alone and he's aware of that. He's an amazing father and he did his best without their dam but Chan can only do so much.

The wolf turns his head to the right as one of his pups shifts under the covers. Jian, his middle pup, picks up her head of messy black curls as her hazy brown eyes briefly peek open before she drops her head back down with a whine and burrows into her brother's side. Chan stifles a laugh as Caelum grunts in his sleep, pulling Jian closer. Jian subconsciously croons, nuzzling into his neck with a small smile on her lips. Chan squeezes his eyes shut as he clenches his fist to restrain the urge to scent them to death. Why are his pups so cute?

From oldest to youngest, there's Caelum, Jian, and Aria. Caelum is such a soft pup. He loves everyone and everything and much to Chan's dismay, he takes after his sire with his protectiveness. He's fierce when it comes to his sisters' comfort, and Chan gets the feeling it'll be like that for the rest of their lives. Jian is just a ball of sunshine. She's sweet and caring and can not go longer than an hour without cuddles. And then there's Aria. His youngest pup. She's small, soft, and shy. loves to please everyone and is very obedient but... she's completely nonverbal.