Chapter One- The Encounter

I released a long loud groan from the tapping sun-light, peaking through my curtains, bathing my skin with its heat. I squeezed my eyes shut again to go back to sleep.

My eyes stung with exhaustion for staying up late working overtime at Colorodo Steakhouse. After all it was Easter, although I was astonished of the amount of people in the restaurant. With a mental sigh I allow my brain to cautiously open one eye. The bright spring sunlight cuts the room in half and I see dust-motes prancing around in the wall of light. My hair was stuck on my check like glue. I pulled the duvet over my head to block out the beaming sun light away, clamping my eyes shut, forcing myself back to sleep. I can't. My brain is fully awake and my body is hesitating to go back to slumber. I reluctantly flung my sheets and released a long audible sigh.

Today I was planning to meet my friend at the forest. She had some sort of assignment that envolves with her photography class, so I decided to help her. She told me she has to capture a "magnificently gorgeous" picture of nature, so she decided to pick forest as her theme for her assignment.

I slid myself off of my bed and walked towards the mirror. My long hair was tangled and it seemed as if a tornado passed by my hair, leaving it a mission impossible to comb it. I grabbed my brush and began to comb my hair. After what seems like ten minutes of brushing through my hair mercilessly, I finally managed to put my wavy hair in a pony tail. Some parts of my scalp ached for brushing it to long, my hair is never normally like this unless I slept in a really funky position.

I walked over to my closet and picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a gray blank shirt alongside with my white Chuck Taylors. "Remember to come on time Amethyst , I don't want to be alone while doing this." Her voice plays in my mind as a reminder to come in time. After putting my clothes on and my shoes I sauntered towards my kitchen and opened the fridge door. I poke my head in my fridge and took a good glimpse of what was inside. My stomach released a long growl indicating that it needs food to ingest... or it will eat my insides instead. I grabbed a bag of bagels and closed the fridge door, setting the bagels on the counter next to the toaster. I picked out a piece of bagel, splitting them in half, dropping both of them in the toaster.

Now that I'm twenty I will soon be joining my friend in her college, but I need to gather up a little more money to pay off the text books that I require and to pay for the food that I need. Luckily I have a apartment already. I prefer to live alone then to have a room mate in a dorm; I'm more introverted...not antisocial. They are two completely different things. While losing myself into the train of my thoughts the toaster popped up my bagels and I flinched in a slight scare. I waited for a couple of minutes till they cool down, last time that I remember I tend to grab the bagels right out of the toaster after it is toasted up and end up dropping it because it will often burn my hand.

***

I walked towards the destinated forest that my friend choose. The grass was vibrant green and the trees were slightly huge, some dead twigs scattered around the forest floor. I took a big whiff of the air and exhaled deeply. In the distance I see a petite young women wearing a bright yellow knitted sweater which immediately caught my eye. That's how I find my friend, she wears very bright knitted sweaters.

She had her camera strap around her neck and she turned her head to my direction. "HI!" She yelled while waving her hands in the air. I laughed and waved back. As I walked up to her she wrapped her arms around me and gave me a big squeeze. "Okay that's enough, you'll squeeze the life out of me Coralline," I said through each breath that was squeezed out of me. Coralline lets go and began to clean her glasses. "Well sorry... I haven't seen you for awhile because you were working so much," she whined. She puts back her glasses and looks up at me, "So are we gonna start or not," her eyes beamed at me with excitement. "Yeah, let's get to it."