12# ᴀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛᴇᴀʀꜱ

Sunoo |

It's now been a whole day since I've been at my dad's house again, and it's horrible. Every time I stop cleaning or doing something, I get hit, and I already have some red marks on my face and arms.

I really feel like crying, but I never liked crying in front of my dad. He always said it'd be weak to cry as a boy. I can't even call or text someone since I forgot my phone.

I recounted the horrors of the past day - the relentless cleaning, the constant barrage of verbal and physical abuse. I hadn't been allowed rest at all, and I hadn't eaten for a day already.

Now I want to go to bed, but that's the surprise - my old room is now empty and full of dust. I quickly clean the floor, shivering from the cold.

I need a blanket or at least a pillow. I quietly go down the stairs to check if my dad is still there. And he is - watching TV. Luckily, he doesn't see me, and I quickly go back upstairs.

There was no way I could grab a blanket from the living room.

Now, I sit down on the cold floor and close my eyes. I'm tired, exhausted. I wish I could just escape this nightmare and return to the warmth and safety of Sunghoon's embrace. I missed him already.

I couldn't sleep; my mind was a whirlwind of thoughts. Was Sunghoon thinking about me? Did he even notice I was gone? Did he miss me too, or didn't he care at all?

But the most important question lingered: Why did my dad bring me back? He had a lot of money now, so what did he need me for? And where's all the money he got? It made me very confused.

As I lay there on the cold floor, shivering and with my whole body aching, I wished for a better tomorrow. The pain, both physical and emotional, weighed heavily on me.

All I could do was hope for a glimmer of light in the days to come.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Sunghoon |

"Do you really think he'll be there?" Jay asked.

"I know what I saw on the camera. His fucking dad took him with him," I answered.

"What are you going to do?" Jake wanted to know.

"I'll explain it to you later."

We now stood in front of Sunoo's dad's house. I knew his address since it's written on the contract.

"Jake, Jay and Jungwon; you guys are waiting outside. Heeseung and I will do the rest," I declared.

The others nodded in agreement. Heeseung rang the doorbell, and after a tense wait, someone opened the door - it was Sunoo! He looked relieved and happy, but scared at the same time.

Blue marks marred his face, and it hurt me seeing him like that. He must have gone trough a lot this night. And I thought he ran away on purpose! How could I be so stupid?!

A voice from inside echoed, "Who's at the door, kid?" It was Sunoo's dad.

Sunoo looked helpless, and then, his dad appeared at the door.

"What do you want here, huh?" he spat.

"We're here to get Sunoo, you asshole," Heeseung retorted, determination etching in his voice.

I stepped inside, pushing Sunoo's dad away. Heeseung swiftly went to Sunoo, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Sunoo, go with the others already, okay? We will come later."

"What are you going to do?" Sunoo asked, but he received no answer as Jungwon quickly guided him away.

Heeseung and I entered the house, locking the door behind us.