Darling, You were born to be Mine

"May I have your name please?"

The receptionist looked at Maria. Maria looked around her and nervously said, 

"Penelope. Penelope Martinez."

She rested her arms on the counter and looked at the receptionist. The woman seems unsure of her answer. She seems to remember seeing Maria. 

"Ma'am, can you repeat your name?"

The woman roars. Maria, shocked by her question, looks into her eyes and says, 

"Penelope Martinez. Do I need to spell it?"

The woman looks away in disbelief. She quickly types her name and checks for any appointments made in her name. The screen shows an appointment at 12:30. 

"T-Third floor, Ma'am."

Maria rushes to the elevator and pops her knuckles. Her anxiety vanishes once the elevator doors close. 

The receptionist on the other side is hysteric. She looks like she is trying to remember something important. Her dilated pupils lighten when she finally realizes. 

Her slender fingers quickly dial a number on the telephone. She puts the phone on her shoulder and waits for the call to be picked up. 

'....Hello?'

A cold and deep voice calmly says from the other side of the communication. 

"S-Sir! I am talking from the Kris C.O. Miss Maria has come under the name of Penelope Martinez for an appointment with the CEO."

The receptionist says anxiously. 

The man on the other side talks to someone near him and then responds. 

'I am secretary Lee. Please wait till we arrive. Keep her in one place.'

The intimidating voice coldly said. The call ended and the secretary rushed to the elevator. 

********************************************************

On the third floor, Maria nervously enters the CEO's office, while keeping a look at her surroundings. 

"Kris!"

She exclaims. A tall woman was sitting on a chair, talking to someone. Maria quickly quiets down and closes the door behind her. 

"Yes sir. Understood."

Kris hangs up the call and looks at Maria with a guilty face. When her eyes meet Maria fierce eyes, she quickly eases her facial muscles and says, 

"Take a seat, Maria."

She demands. Maria sits opposite her and looks down at her feet. 

"I never expected this of you..."

She says. Kris looks at her with shock and widens her eyes. 

"M-Maria... Calm down..."

Kris tries to hold her shoulders and presses her down to the chair. Maria's eyes fill with tears and she yanks away Kris' hands. 

"I know who you were talking to. You betrayed me..."

Maria says bitterly. Kris shakes her head and tears trickle down her face. She slowly approached Maria, who was slowly backing away. 

"Maria... He is not going to harm you..."

Sounds of multiple cars screeching is heard. Maria rushes to the windows and looks down in horror. Secretary Lee walks out of the car and quickly opens the door.