Three days

My name is Lacey I live in Parkin the largest city inside my coliseum like town. I am fifteen years old and I have one brother who I haven't seen I a while, both of my parents are farmers. the way my world works is on your sixteenth birthday you are put into the middle of the town with another sixteen year old. you fight until one of you can't fight anymore. then the one who loses is never heard of again. There is however ever so often there will be a person out of nowhere magically show up and then dissapear again. last year my older brother peter lost. In three days I will turn sixteen and my parents will have to take there daughter to a place where they have already lost there son. I woke up at six am like usual and stated brushing blitz. Blitz is a horse. She is my race horse and I can't help but think.... I could run away but really ride away. Anytime. Mom came out of the house at about seven. Dad had recently left for the market so that we could have peas, chicken, and chocolate cake for dinner which was my favorite. It was about noon before dad got back. at twelve thirty I started to help mom with dinner. Nothing could settle my stomach like the warm chocolate lay homeade cake.
TWO DAYS
it was starting to get cold. it was December 23 my birthday was on Christmas. The presents were under the tree and I couldn't help but relize that there were presents for me. Three to be exact. why would they get me Christmas presents know I might not be able to use them. I might be like peter and leave my parents childless. like the Peirsons. The Peirsons had three children Anne, linda, and Ethan all who lost. There opponents went home to there families without knowing what they had done to that one. At 4:30 mom had started dinner and I was feeding the chickens. Two days I thought to myself. Two days. I knew Anne quite well and she was an excellent fighter. But she could never hurt anyone. I like to think that that is me. athletic and dangerous, but not deadly.
ONE DAY
I had never gotten why we had these fights.i had always figured it could have been to control population or to make a statement that the government had complete control over us. Today i wanted to spend time with my family. Mom took her horse Butterscotch. And dad took his horse Shadow. And of course I took Blitz. The mountain next to my house was so large you could almost touch the top of the colosium. But even dad couldn't quite reach even while standing on shadow. We always ride up the mountain to try and touch the edge but we never could. Dad and I walked down the hill with reins in our hands. It was very late by the time we got home but we watched the sun set.
But now I realize I will be sixteen tomorrow today is Christmas eve.