13

"Levi, I'm worried you're overworking yourself,"
You expressed your concern, only to practically be ignored by the tired man.

"Hmm? What'd you say?"
He took a sip from his coffee mug. It was cold.

You took the caffeinated beverage away from him,
"No more coffee for you sir, I'm prescribing you with a full day of relaxation,"

He groaned,
"I have work that needs to be done,"

"No you don't. I saw the deadlines, that stuff isn't due for a while,"
You replied, dumping his coffee out into the sink.

You went up to him, and then took a deep breath in before picking the man up from his chair. It was hard, but it had to be done.

"Wh-what're you doing?! Put me down!"
He commanded.

You struggled to walk as you carried him,
"I'm putting you to bed!"

You managed to get to your shared bedroom, dumping him on the bed before nearly collapsing on it as well.

"Papa, what're you doing with Mr. Levi?"
Your daughter asked while walking into the room.

You helped her onto the bed so she'd get a good look at the man's face.

"Mr. Levi's been staying up past his bedtime too much, so Papa's putting him to bed,"

Mikasa crossed her arms with a disappointed look while staring at the tired man.
"Mr. Levi needs to be responsible,"

This moment made you so glad that you taught her that word, especially after seeing Levi's dejected expression from being scolded by a child.

You picked the girl up off the bed,
"Yes Mikasa, he does. Now let's make your breakfast,"

You set the girl down on the ground and walked her out of the room, closing the door behind you.

Levi felt a mixture of embarrassment, annoyance, and confusion. Did that really just happen?

Though he really wanted to get back to work, he knew you'd probably eat him alive if you found out, so he resigned himself to his comfy fate, and let his eyes rest. Maybe he'd sleep for a moment. Just a moment.

~•~

"Papa, where's Mr. Levi?"
Armin asked you.

"Mr. Levi's sleeping right now. Did you want to play a game with him?"

He shook his head,
"No. Sometimes Mr. Levi tells me stories, they're really funny!"

FUNNY? HIM?!
You almost couldn't believe it.

"Well then, how about I tell you a story then?"

The blonde boy smiled happily,
"Okay!"

You sat down on the couch and he hopped onto your lap, patiently waiting for you to begin.

"So it all started with a young boy and a tree..."

~•~