Chapter 1: Hinata's Story

A/N: Howdy y'all. I've been reading and listening to fanfics nearly daily for the last year or so and I thought, FUCK IT. And I decided to try my hand in this. This is my first fanfic so...um...pwease dont be mean pwease, but im open to criticism and advice. Also, im not sure why many writers add a disclaimer in their fics as if companies are scouring this site to find someone to sue. But..*ahem* I DO NOT OWN NARUTO, NARUTO BELONGS TO KISHIMOTO MUSASHI and I DO NOT OWN ANY SONG REFERENCES SHOWN IN THIS CHAPTER, THEY BELONG TO LINKIN PARK.

Flower of the Abyss: Hinata's Story

Hyuuga Compound: 2 Years After Kumo Affair

Noises can be heard echoing all over the courtyard of the Hyuuga compound where you can sometimes see clan members training. Currently, an older-looking man with stern features and the typical Hyuuga pearl white eyes wearing traditional Hyuuga robes is training with a young girl, around the age of 5 with similar eyes with a lavender tint. Well, from this man's perspective, he is training her, teaching her the ways of the clan fighting style, teaching her to become a proper member of the clan, watering the seed so she can one day become a blossoming flower to represent one of the strongest and prestigious clans in Konoha. But to anyone looking from the outside and especially from the perspective of Hinata, it was abuse. "WEAK! PUT MORE FORCE IN YOUR STRIKES!"

Not just physical abuse, but arguably a worse type of abuse. The type of abuse that does not aim for physical harm, but harm to the heart. It has been said that the pen is mightier than the sword. This particular man takes that saying to heart, but not for the right reasons. This man, no, this animal is currently destroying Hinata's heart one imaginary pen stroke after another. Almost as if he wishes to erase the short story she has written up to this point only to rewrite it in his image. This animal is known as Hiashi Hyuuga, clan head of the Hyuuga clan and the leader of the clan's free main house branch, born as a twin brother to Hizashi Hyuuga, former head of the enslaved branch house.

Former for the latter due to his death 2 years ago due to political tensions between the Hyuuga clan of Konoha and Kumogakure due to one of Kumo's delegate's attempted kidnapping of Hinata. But inside the clan, he is known as the father of Hinata, the current Heiress to the clan head seat, but what kind of father is he? "Umph!" "EEP!" A small feminine noise echoes around the courtyard for the umteenth time on this clear, sunny day.

Hyuuga Compound: Courtyard

The previously mentioned man and his currently physically and emotionally injured daughter can be seen in the middle of the courtyard; one is standing, clearly Hiashi, and the other has been turned into a groveling mess on the ground by that same monster, you can guess which one is on the ground.

"Hinata, stand, stand with grace, you are the future of our clan, I will not allow such weakness to be our future. If you fail to become a proper Hyuuga, you will be cast to that slave branch," said the man, coldly, as if he were looking at some small insect with the same contempt.

"Y-y-yes father," said the broken, young girl.

The poor excuse for training lasted for a few more hours until Hinata went back into the compound and to her room for a much-needed shower.

Hyuuga Compound: 3 Years After Kumo Affair

Despite the clear abuse, Hinata has been able to grasp the basics of the gentle fist, the Hyuuga fighting style. She has also been able to learn a basic chakra control exercise such as the leaf sticking exercise where you stick a leaf on your forehead with chakra, although only main branch members can show their foreheads with pride. All branch house members when starting out, due to their much-understood shame and guilt around the caged bird seal on their foreheads, have to stick a leaf to their nose, chin, or back of their hand.