1

"Sophie! Come on! We need to hurry up and get home so we can see if we got our college acceptance letters!" My best friend, Tyler, yells from my passenger seat. 

If he wasn't my best, and only friend I would kick him out of the car right now.

"I am going as fast as I can without killing us!" I say with a laugh and eyeroll.

A few minutes later I pull into our neighborhood and into my driveway. 

Tyler lives in the house directly across from mine. We met when we were eight. He had ridden his pink hand-me-down barbie bike straight into our driveway and into the back of my mom's car. At the time my mom definitely did not think it was funny, but now she says it was fate bringing me my forever best friend.

I get out and walk to the end of my driveway towards the mailbox, Tyler is already elbow deep in his mailbox searching for a thick envelope. 

"Do you want to go to my room and open our mail together?" I turn to ask Ty.

"Of course! I got a Victoria Secret magazine; we can go through it and pick out our favorite guys" he says shooting me a wink. We head into my house and upstairs into my bedroom. I throw all my mail down on my bed and Ty plops down next to me with his mail.

As we look through the magazines something interesting catches my eye. A white envelope with a white wax stamp sealing it shut. Encased in the wax is a small white daisy.

"Ty?" I say as I pick up the envelope.

"Yeah, Soph?" He replies not looking up from the VS models abs.

"Do you have one of these?" I hold the envelope up for him to see.

"Oh gosh, I hope so! It's so cute!" He says as he digs through his mail. "Yeah, I have one right here. What do you think it is? Wedding Invite?"

"Ty. Who do we know that would trust us, together, at their wedding?"

"Uhm..." Ty trails off trying to think.

"Exactly. Open on 3?" Ty nods in response to my question.

"3"

"2"

"1!"

We both rip open the envelope and a black piece of paper falls out.

"Murder Mystery Party. Ty, you are a poor stable boy, dress accordingly. Saturday night, 9pm." Tyler reads out his invite, "Yours better be homeless bread seller so we both have to look raggedy!"

"Mine says 'Princess'..." I say laughing at the thought of Ty covered in dirt.

"You are joking!" He says snatching my invitation to read for himself.

"Well...thrifting trip?" I ask setting the invite down on my desk.

"We might have to go to the mall for your princess dress, we have to find you the perfect dress"

-----

We found all of Tylers' outfit at one thrift store.