Chapter 3 : Silent Guardian

Razor led Antony and Jake through a hidden passage behind a bookshelf, revealing a massive room filled with surveillance monitors. The flickering screens displayed various locations in the city, capturing every corner and alley with precision. The room seemed like a control center, a hub of information gathered from Razor's network of secretive cameras, including the birds that soared high above the city. "These birds," Razor explained, "are my eyes in the sky. They see everything without anyone knowing. But they're discreet, and not many know about them." He pointed to one of the monitors displaying a man entering their house and shooting down the dogs.

"Watch closely." As they scrutinized the footage, the mysterious figure glanced up, locking eyes with the bird-mounted camera. He skillfully shot it down with a calculated precision that hinted at prior knowledge of the surveillance system. Jake's brows furrowed, and Antony's expression turned grim. Razor leaned back in his chair, his eyes narrowing. "That's not just a random hitman. This guy knew about my birds. Knew where to look. This is personal, and it goes deeper than a simple turf war. "Antony spoke up, "Who could pull off something like this? Someone with inside information. "Razor nodded, "Mac." Antony and Jake exchanged puzzled glances. "Mac?"

Jake questioned. "Why would he do this?" Razor sighed, "Mac is a powerful player, and sometimes power comes at a cost. V was a threat to that power. If Mac saw him as an obstacle, he might have orchestrated this. "Antony's jaw clenched, a mix of anger and determination flashing in his eyes. "We need to find Mac, get some answers. But what if he's involved in V's death? What if he turns on us? "Razor leaned forward, his expression serious. "Mac works for me, but he's not someone to be taken lightly. Don't harm him; that would lead to a war we can't afford. Convince him we're after the truth, not revenge. If Mac was involved, he'll know we mean business. Just be careful, and remember, the streets have a language of their own. Learn to speak it.

With that, Razor provided Antony and Jake with information on Mac's whereabouts. Razor explained "I don't think you both can find Mac that easy. We don't work in a direct manner. It's usually the money and weaponry that matters, Mac never failed at his job. He's like a needle in a haystack. But I think I know someone who could help you out. Jake stares at Antony confused. Antony looked at Jake and spoke out that name after years. "Sera". The duo left the surveillance room, their minds filled with a newfound urgency. The city's dark underbelly was unraveling before them, and they were about to confront another powerful figure in their quest for the truth.

As Antony and Jake ventured into Mac's territory, the night swallowed them in its obscurity. The city's pulse beat beneath their feet, echoing the secrets they sought to expose. Mac's stronghold awaited, a fortress of shadows where alliances were fragile. Antony and Jake found themselves in the heart of an unfamiliar town, a labyrinth of narrow streets and hidden corners. The air was thick with tension as they sought out an old friend named Sera, a woman rumored to possess knowledge that could lead them to Mac – a powerful figure in the criminal underworld. The quest for information became a strategic dance through the shadows, and Antony, with his years of street-smart experience, and Jake, eager to prove himself, worked together as a formidable team.

Their first move was subtle yet effective. Antony approached a group of locals, engaging them in casual conversation about the town's happenings. Meanwhile, Jake discreetly observed from a distance, taking note of the connections and alliances within the community. It was a meticulous study of body language, whispered conversations, and shared glances – the unspoken signals that wove the fabric of the streets.

Antony, sensing a potential lead, slipped a few bills to a bartender, a guardian of local secrets. The bartender, a grizzled man with a face weathered by years of silent observations, nodded towards a dimly lit corner of the bar. There, a figure sat in solitude – Sera.

Approaching Sera required finesse. Antony and Jake coordinated their movements, ensuring they didn't draw unnecessary attention. Sera's reputation preceded her; she was known for her keen senses and an ability to sniff out trouble. Antony, with a slight nod to Jake, took the lead.