Chapter One

I opened my eyes as the car jolted to a stop. I looked up from the window, raindrops slowly dripped across it. The sky was grey and everything was soaking wet.

I had moved from Manchester, England to Mullingar, Ireland because my father’s job required him to be here. My father is a doctor and will now be working at the hospital here. My mum didn’t work because my father brought in enough money for us to get by.

My name is Sophie. I have long brown wavy hair. I am very pale, with big brown eyes and I am super skinny. I wasn’t very happy with myself, but I get by without caking make up on my face.

My mum and dad was just glad I wasn’t one of those kids who got bullied.

“Sophie, we’re here!” Father said to me with a smile as we reached Mullingar. We had flew to Ireland, but we had to drive to Mullingar. I was not very excited about leaving my Manchester life.

I had my license so I guess I would have a bit of freedom here. I was excited for my first day of school actually. I always liked making new friends. I went to bed pretty early that night so I could go to school tomorrow and feel okay.

(The Next Day)

It was the day of school, yeah, I was a bit nervous. But I know I can get through it. I used to cut myself, so to this day I look in the mirror and tell myself to stay strong.

I woke up around 5 in the morning. I curled my hair, put on a casual everyday outfit and put a bit of light make up on. I was never really a big fan of make up.

Mum insisted on driving me to school since it was the first day. School didn’t start until 7 so we decided to go to star bucks to start off our day. It was finally almost 7. We pulled in the school parking lot and I noticed this cute obviously blonde irish boy standing outside the building. I got out of the car and slowly made my way up the sidewalk to the school doors. I took a quick glance at him, he shot me a smile. I just kept walking on.

When I got in the school, this girl who apparently saw him smile at me told me to stay away from him because he was trouble. I just nodded and kept walking. It’s not like a perfect looking guy like him would go for a boring girl like me.