Chapter 1

I made my way through the crowded club, attempting to get by the numerous sweating dancers who looked like they were practically having sex on the dance floor. A gross looking man approached me and I quickly skirted away towards the bar, hopping up on one of the tall stools. Why couldn't I be a normal height? Instead, I get stuck at a short 5'3". I quickly flagged down the nearest bartender and ordered a shot, needing to relax. Where the hell had Casey gone off to? I thought to myself. The bartender put my shot down in front of me and shot me a flirty smile, I cringed and slammed back the shot.

 Suddenly, I felt a hot breath on my neck and rough lips grazing my ear lobe. I shivered involuntarily, smelling his cologne and a bit of whiskey on his breath. Damn, that turned me on. His deep, gruff voice whispered, "What are you doing here, Princess?" I held back a moan as his hands gripped my hips and pulled me towards him, and then I couldn't find my voice to answer him. I could hear the smirk on his face as he said in that sexy southern drawl, "What's wrong darlin', cat got your tongue?" That sobered me up quickly, and I shot back a defiant "No." I ripped myself out of his grip and stomped away towards the restroom, intending to look for Casey. But before I could open the door to the bathroom I was grabbed and shoved against the wall, and lips made their way down my throat. This time I couldn't hold back the moan that bubbled out of me. "Do that again Princess, that was sexy as hell," the mystery guy groaned out. And that's when it hit me, his voice was familiar. I began to panic and the man belted out, "Tori!"

 And then, like a bucket of cold water hit me, I resurfaced from that realistic dream. Real-world Shane came into focus and he smirked, "Sounded like a fun dream, Tori." I groaned and rolled over, "What the hell do you want at 8 am on a Saturday, Shane?" "Liam sent me up here to tell you that you're helping with the horses today, I'm getting ready to go help with the fields." "Ugh, fine, now get out you obnoxious ass." "Alright, alright," he throatily chuckled, "By the way Tori, you sure look sexy in the mornings." I screamed and chucked my pillow at his retreating figure, I could hear his laugh from down the hall. I couldn't help but smile a bit. Only Shane calls me Tori. Everyone else calls me either Victoria or Vic. I finally rolled out of bed and went in to my bathroom to brush my teeth, that's when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My hair looked like a tornado had ripped through it and yesterday's forgotten makeup was smeared on one side. Dammit I thought to myself, no wonder Shane made fun of me.

And that's when I remembered my semi-erotic dream. Did I really dream that Shane was kissing me up? I blushed to no one and continued brushing my teeth. I spit into the sink and then brushed out my hair, throwing it into a messy bun. I walked back into my room and made my way to my closet. I pulled out a t-shirt and shorts and began ripping off my pjs. I noticed I'd have to shave before heading out to the stable. So I tugged on my clothes and went back to the bathroom, sitting on the edge of the tub and running a bit of water. I quickly shaved and dried my legs, I didn't bother with lotion, knowing that Yankee or another horse would just lick it off anyways. I walked to my shoe pile and pulled on my boots, grabbing my Aviators on the way out of my room.

 I jogged to the kitchen, anxious to see my horse. I pulled out a granola bar and bounced to the fridge to get a water. "Mornin' Momma," I said. My mother was bent over a recipe book, probably already getting started on lunch for the boys later on. "Good morning, Vic," she sweetly replied. "I'm headed out to the barn to work on the horses and then I'll probably take Yankee out on a trail." "Ok, sweetie, take your phone with you please." I rolled my eyes, smiling as I walked out to the mud room. Mom worries too much, I thought to myself. I snatched my phone off the shelf and slammed the door shut behind me. I trudged to the barn and smiled at the five hired hands.

 When I reached the barn I was greeted by Robert, the hand who was my age, 17. We were both juniors at the local high school, Mountain View High. "Hey Rob," I said pleasantly as I made my way over to Yankee, the only horse in the barn. "Hey miss Victoria," he drawled back in response, "How about that date some time soon?" "That depends," I replied flirtily while leading Yankee out of his stall and putting him in the small holding corral outside the barn, "How bad do you want it?" He smirked, "What do I have to do?" I giggled and replied with, "Help me clean these stalls, please," and added a wink for good measure. "Okay, tonight me and you at seven then." I smiled and said, "It's a date."