Part 1

Léa looked out her bedroom window, the gray and rainy sky reflecting her mood.  She felt alone and sad, without knowing why.  She had everything to be happy: a loving family, loyal friends, good grades at school.  But she felt like something was missing, a meaning to her life, a passion, a dream.

She got up from her bed and went to her desk, where she had placed her laptop.  She opened it and logged into her favorite social network, hoping to find some comfort there.  She looked through her contacts' posts, but they only inspired boredom or jealousy.  She saw photos of trips, parties, couples, successes.  She wondered what she was doing with her life, staying locked in her room, watching others have fun.

She decided to close her computer and go out for some fresh air.  She put on her coat and scarf and left the house.  She walked aimlessly through the streets of her city, in the light rain.  She came across people in a hurry, indifferent, anonymous.  She felt even more isolated, as if she didn't belong in this world.

She arrived in front of a park, where she entered.  She loved this place, where she often came when she was little.  She remembered the happy times she had spent there with her parents, her brother, her friends.  She walked towards the lake, where she sat down on a bench.  She looked at the calm water, where the bare trees were reflected.  She told herself that she was like them, without leaves, without colors, without life.

She closed her eyes and let her mind wander.  She began to dream of another world, where she would be free, where she could experience adventures, where she would meet extraordinary people, where she would be happy.  She imagined herself in a distant country, where she would discover magnificent landscapes, different cultures, fantastic animals.  She imagined herself in an ancient time, where she would be a princess, a warrior, a magician.  She imagined herself in a parallel dimension, where she would be a superhero, a spy, a pirate.

She smiled thinking of all the possibilities, all the stories she could write.  She told herself that perhaps she had found her passion, her dream: writing.  She told herself that she could create her own world, where she would be master of her destiny, where she could express her emotions, her ideas, her desires.  She told herself that she could share her stories with others, who would read them, who would appreciate them, who would feel less alone.

She opened her eyes and looked at her phone.  She saw that she had received a message from her best friend, Julie.  She asked her if she wanted to come to her place, to watch a movie, eat pizza, chat.  She told him yes, that she was coming.  She got up from the bench and headed towards the exit of the park.  She felt lighter, more joyful, more motivated.  She told herself that she was going to have a good evening with her friend, and that she was going to talk to her about her project to write a story.  She told herself that she was going to start the next day, and that she was going to immerse herself in her imaginary world.  She told herself that she was finally going to live her life, and no longer watch it go by.'''