𝐬𝐢𝐱 - 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

I stood there, looking into Matt's eyes for a second and then I pulled him into a hug.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Matt asked, hugging me tight.

"She's a fucking bitch, that's what" Trey slurred, attempting to stand up.

I jumped slightly at the sound of his voice.

Matt quickly kicked him in the crotch and he fell back to the ground.

"He- um. Well, he's obviously drunk but he came out here and told me to kiss him. I said no and- and he grabbed my wrists and my neck and forced me to kiss him." I said, holding back sobs in Matt's embrace.

"Everything will be okay. I'm here now." He rubbed my back in comfort.

"Thank you, Matt." I stayed in his arms.

"You don't need to hold back your tears. I'm here for you" He reassured me.

I began to let myself cry. "I'm scared! Where is he gonna go? Will he come back for me?"

"I'm going to call the cops... if that's okay with you?" He asked.

I nodded.

At this point, everyone inside the party was oblivious to what was happening.

About 7 minutes after Matt called the police, they arrived.

"I'm scared Matt"

"I promise you everything will be okay. All you need to do is answer a few questions." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.

I followed Matt's instructions and the police arrested Trey for underage drinking and aggravated assault.

"I want to go home now." I whispered to Matt.

"Are we able to go home now?" Matt asked the officers.

"Yes, thank you. Stay safe." An officer replied.

We walked to the car and got in.

"Do you want to go to yours or mine?" Matt asked.

"Yours. If that's okay."

"Of course it is" He grabbed my hand.

This party has been the most eventful night of my life. First, my ex shows up. Then I make out with my worst enemy, Matt. Then to top it all off I get fucking assaulted by my ex. But the thing is... I feel okay. I feel comfortable. I feel safe... Because of Matt.

Matt put the van into drive and just as he left, we could see and hear the cops breaking up the party. I felt a little bad for bringing the police-

"Don't feel bad" Matt spoke.

He always knows what I'm thinking, how I'm feeling.

I looked at him confused

"I told you- I know you better than you think" He smiled. "Now please message your parents that you're staying at our house."