More alike than not

Spaceman floated above the crowd, silver boots reflecting the light from the ship. Eyes glowing blue, he crossed his arms in front of the jewel on his chest. "Well? What happened the the extra shipment I was promised?" He asked, eyes scanning to the women. "I already gave you an extension. I won't be so generous this time."

"Give us a few more days, Spaceman. Please, the ship is on the way and-"

"EXCUSES! I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN YOU ENOUGH TIME!" Sending lightening to the loading dock, he floated off. "Consider that my last warning. When I return tomorrow, I expect it to be here or I will kill every last one of you. Is that understood?"

Arriving on his ship, he turned around, hearing a gun cock. "Space Ace, I was wondering when you'd show up. So, did you bring the rest of the space patrol or is it just you?" he asked, turning around to face the older man.

"It doesn't matter, Spaceman. What matters is that you're wanted and that I'm here to bring to bring you in." Space Ace kept his gun trained on the thief.

"Aw, Space Ace, you're just jealous. Did they not give you a raise? After all, you have no proof what I'm doing is wrong." Spaceman smirked as he jumped out of the ship, bag in hand.

"Lost him again! Damn it!" Space Ace yelled as he heard laughing. "I'll get you one day."

"You too?" asked Demon as he appeared from the shadows. "How would you agree to a team up?"

"Who took what from you?"

"Starchild took my daughter from me. We went to the old Hall to get a scroll and I'm assuming she ran off. When I got to her, Starchild had hold of her and the last thing I saw was him snapping her neck." Demon looked away, as tears fell. "It was my turn to take her on a mission. Her mother was out."

"I'm sorry, Demon. I would have to turn you in if you went after Starchild, though. You're a mercenary and I'm an officer. Venus was a sweet girl."

"Thank you. I haven't been able to face my wife yet." Demon looked over. "It'll break her heart." As Space Ace walked off, he picked up a piece of jewelry that Spaceman had left. Turning his head to the side, he swore he caught a glimpse of Starchild but shook it off. "Venus, I'll make this right for you." Picking up the small red blanket, he sent it home with a note to his wife. 

Spaceman walked into a nearby bar. "Whatever is the most expensive bottle you have and make it quick." Hearing laughter, he glanced over. "Something funny?" Noticing the cherry red lips pulled into a grin, he tapped on the bar.

Starchild didn't say a word but only grabbed his glass and moved to another barstool. Laughing behind the ice in his Dark N Stormy, he knew he'd struck a nerve as he heard boots come over. "Trust me, you don't want that. It's nasty."

"Says the one who's drinking Rum and ginger beer. Trust me, I think I'll take my chances." Spaceman said as Starchild rolled his eyes. "Besides are you sure that you want to show your face here?"

Starchild's eyes glowed purple as he glared at Spaceman. "And why is that? At least, I'm not the one carrying a sack of stolen jewels around with me like an idiot." He snarled as the younger man rose. Laughing, he stood up. "If you want to fight me, just say so."

Spaceman glowed blue as the partons exited, so the two villains could fight it out. He floated above Starchild, who centered his laser right at the younger man's chest. Flying back at the force of the beam, he hit the wall.

Starchild laughed as he flew over to where Spaceman was. However, he doubled over as lightening hit him. "You bastard!"

Spaceman smirked as he got up. "Didn't count on that, now did you?" Grabbing Starchild, he bent down. "I may be an idiot, but I'm not a murderer. I at least have morals."

Laughter erupted from the older man. Starchild looked up, eyes glowing. "Please, Spaceman. Morals? I've seen you when you're at your worst. You want to talk morals?"

Spaceman screamed as Starchild managed to replay his worst memories inside his head.

"Talk about morals after that. We'll see who's truly better." Gathering his cape, Starchild exited.