Legion: The Next Journey (Prologue)

It all started with a blast. All I can remember was the explosion and the rest was full of blankness. I woke up floating in the sea. I was so weak and I couldn’t even move my body and swim to a shore. I was paralyzed at that time and suddenly I slept. While I was asleep I heard water noise and birds chirping. “I think those birds are seagulls.” I felt something on my head. “Sand!? I think I’m offshore!” I opened my eyes and I saw I was in the seaside. I tried to stand up even though my entire body has not yet fully recovered after that explosion. I was suddenly casting illusion. Memories of what happened. My friends, my comrades, everyone! I couldn’t think but to blame myself for what happened. I killed them! I was so stupid leading them to a trap. I didn’t think that anyone could ever survive that kind of explosion. I was crying that moment. I come back to my senses when I heard people and car noises. “I believe I’m in a city or somewhere.” So I went offshore and find out where I am. After I saw the place, I was familiarizing it. It’s the city called Pasig. I noticed it because I saw the river covered with waste. A river polluted by the people. I asked myself “Where should I go? I don’t think I have enough strength. I need to rest, and recover from the tragic. I think I will never forget that and it will serve as my nightmare.”

            I suddenly remembered that I have relatives living in Maharlika Village inside Taguig. If only I could fly but I didn’t have any strength. “If I don’t do this, I have no chance to survive. But I’ll give it a shot.” I used my levitation power to fly fortunately I was able to fly. I flew up going to Taguig. While flying I was feeling the cold breeze and made me remember back then. My friends and I was enjoying flying and teaching others to concentrate their flight power.

“That’s the place! I hope my aunts and the others are still home! They might be surprise for my sudden arrival. But I don’t have a choice but to explain everything to them. I hope they can understand me.” I alight myself and I noticed that everyone around the neighborhood was staring at me. I’m really getting annoyed at them staring at me like I’m somewhat a ghost. “Do they not saw someone like me? I mean someone who can levitate or do weird stuffs? Or are they not used to it?” I whispered to myself. I knocked at the gate and someone inside stepped out of the door. I recognise his face. It’s my cousin Mocky! God! He really did a big change. 8 years of not seeing him. He has really grown up! Suddenly I felt something painful. “I think I’m going to be collapsed.” “Hash! Is that you? Hash wake up, what’s going on? Mom, dad I need your help! Hash is here and he is very ill right now!” those are the words that lasted in my ear.

I woke up and felt very much recovered. “That was fast? Aahh. Where am I?”

“Are you alright? Do you feel any pain? Don’t worry, we will take care of you, just relax and take your time. Welcome back my niece. Still remember me?”

Hash: Aunt Sahri! Offcourse I can still remember you! Why can’t I! Hehehe.

Aunt Sahri: So you didn’t forget me after all! How are you? Why are you here? What happened? I didn’t herd your going to be sent here. And I don’t have any news about your parents. Did something terrible happen?

Hash: (I was terrified at that moment. I felt I needed to scream or shout but I just cried for what happened. I hugged my aunt) It was terrible. I don’t know if mom, dad and the rest ever survive the explosion. Huhuhu (sniff sniff)

Aunt Sahri: Explosion? What do you mean?

Hash: it’s hard to explain. I can’t even remember the details. I just somehow forgot everything and all I can recall is the explosion and the rest…. I don’t know!! (I cried and cried like there was no tomorrow. I feel very sad and tired)

Aunt Sahri: (She was also crying after what she heard) its okay. Don’t lose hope. I know your parents and the others are still alive. I can sense it. I somehow have the feeling that they are somehow alive. Don’t worry we’ll help you find them. I promise you. But for now, take some rest and relax your body. I think you received a lot of damage. Everything will be fine. May God save them as well as help us for searching for them.

Hash: Thanks tita! Goodnight!

Aunt Sahri: Goodnight (turned off the light and closed the door.)

Uncle Alex: (Waiting outside the room) how is he doin?

Aunt Sahri: He is terrified for what happened. All he need is to relax. And someday we’ll able to tell him the truth.

Uncle Alex: Why not tell him the truth! That his parents are...

Aunt Sahri: Sshhshs... Don’t speak too loud. He might hear us. I’ll tell him when the time comes and tonight is not the right time. We might upset him. We’ll wait for the right time.

Uncle Alex: We also have a great problem. The neighbor saw Hash using his powers. This is somehow difficult to solve and they might come and take him down.

Aunt Sahri: And that’s why we are here. We promised to his parents that we will protect him at any cost. And I will protect my niece from harm.

Uncle Alex: The question is, are you prepared! I mean are we all prepared? There will be a war coming ahead of us. Are we really prepared?

Aunt Sahri: And that’s somehow I can’t answer. Let’s pass this night and leave everything to God. God is only our hope! Let’s just strengthen our faith. God always understand. He will definitely help us