. 10

Sa'ad POV

"Assalamualaikum Abba." I greeted and walked into abba's living room. I was sleeping when he sent for me.

"Come sit."

I sat down on the floor facing him while he sat on the couch, with the usual look of authority on his face.

Abba is a very strict person. That man rarely smiles, even talking is hard for him. He believes in action speaks louder than words. I always give accolades to my mothers for being able to keep up with him. But then God blessed him with very loud and jovial children, all of us.

"Have you spoken to arwa? "

Of course, always straight to the point.

"Eh Abba, we spoke about it."

"Toh we can go on with the introduction kenan?"

"Yes Abba."

"Toh Mashallah. Allah yayi maku albarka." I was surprised to raise my head and see a wide smile on his face. He must've seen the confusion on my face because he spoke.

"You are my only son sa'ad. I have to be excited about your wedding, you have no idea how happy i am."

Is it wierd that i felt emotional? Probably not.

"Nagode Abba."

We spoke for some minutes about fatima's wedding which was fixed a year from now, before i strolled back to my room.

I was ready to sleep when the sound of notifications lightened my phone. I groaned at first but it switched to a smile when i saw arwa's name. She sent me something on Snapchat.

This girl knew i wasn't the social type of person, im only active on twitter and sometimes instagram very rarely, but she forced me to start streaking with her. Am i complaining? Absolutely not, since i get to see her face more. She also made me agree to send at least three selfies a day. Again, did i refuse, absolutely not.

I clicked on what she sent me and my smile got wider automatically. She got a simple and mild makeup, for khairat's parents walima.

So beautiful

"I wanted to wear my outfit and then send to you, but that'll spoil the fun." She smiled wickedly and the video ended.

"Dont do this to me my love. Please wear it and send it."

"No."

"Please.kinji? "

"No."

"You know i love you right? "

"Its not going to work. If you'll excuse me, i have to go."

"Nooooo🥲. You're wicked."

"Kadan ma kagani."

I groaned and dropped my phone with a huff.

The walima was to start soon and i told ammar to come pick me up, cause i don't feel like driving.

I was sure i wasn't going to get any sleep now, so i just showered, got ready and decided to wait for him.