70 meters

70 meters it must have been. I could tell that from the distance. A glance into the space and one could easily comprehend the measurement. 7 X 10 was what all it turned out to be according to my calculations. I was weak at math back at school, but at this juncture that was all that I required. Seventy was precise, yes it definitely was. Beaming into that space I could see little children kicking that one soccer ball around in a corner. A little football and how it had gathered the attention of everyone involved. A motive can so easily change all the perspectives. How something so weak somewhere can so easily become the thing that is the most desired somewhere else. The need! The want! The desire to have it when you have lost it all!

I looked back through the window to look at him. My desires wanted him to look back at me. I had loved him. Through my ages and my times, through my young and my old! All I ever wanted was him. We grew well. We accustomed well. How I always wondered the little imperfections in us led us to be perfect of them all. The first time that we made love, how he rang those bells in my ears about us staying the same forever. I believed. I believed it all. He made me do that. He was the one I always desired. Looking at that 70 meter distance I believed the same. The same love that I sensed in his eyes! The same perfection!

And then I felt the droplets fall on my feet trickling down from my toe to the floor conquering the color of the white marble. Little droplets forming a sequence! Drop and ripples, drop and ripples, drop and ripples. And the conquest! The homogeneity of red over white! My wrist was pouring it out like an overflowing river, like the turbulence in the air. I looked back at him. My desires still wanted him to look back at me. I had loved him. Love never changes they say. People change. I refused to believe. Looking at that 70 meter distance I refused to believe. The same love that I sensed in his eyes! The same perfection! How I wish he should have looked back at me.

70 meters it was. 7X10 was easy to calculate. 10 meters for a floor and seven for me to stand and lean over! I knew he loved me. All my life I had known. All my life I believed. I just wanted him to look back at me. My desires wanted him to look at me. The love that always made him look in my eyes into me through my soul. A motive can easily change the perspectives. The need! The want! The desire to have it when you have lost it all!

Nobody knows how much seconds it took my free fall to end. Though at the end of it, through my dwindling sight I could see him looking towards me! 70 meters away, the same love that I sensed in his eyes! The same perfection…