𝐈𝐈

𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞, 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭

                                             𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞, 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭

"Is trouble brewing?" Elysia heard Jill ask Clive. "I'm not sure. I need to speak with father." Clive kept his gaze straight upon the bustling aisle of people. Maneuvering his way through the large crowd. Along with Jill and Elysia following him. 

Clive came to a stop as he saw an apple fall down the flight of stairs, eventually coming to a stop at his feet. He picked up the apple, noticing the man that was panting as he carried the crate of apples. The man with the mark on his face, resembling that he was a bearer, looked frightened as if he saw a ghost. 

Clive held the apple up with a small grin, rubbing the dirt that gathered on the skin of the apple on his leather sleeve. Approaching the man with a smile, "Good as new." And with that he placed the apple with the rest of them. 

"Ah... Er..." The man stuttered, a lively man proceeded the towards the three of them. "Forgive me, Lord Marquess! Pray do not concern yourself with this bungling cur! Bow to him, you fool!" The rather plump man commanded the bearer. "But, I..." He began, only to be cut off by the fat man. "Did I say to speak!?" 

Elysia only frowned upon hearing the tone of the man, crossing her arms. "Please refrain from yelling around the Marquess himself." She used this as an excuse for the man to calm down, seeing the other man sigh and mouth "Thank you" to her.

She smiled as this action didn't go unnoticed by Clive. Both men bowed to show their respect for him, "It was no trouble, really." The man only chuckled at his comment. "Oh, do not indulge him! To be allowed to stand in your lordship's presence is more than his kind deserves. Why neither the empire nor the republic treat their Bearers half so well."

The man wasn't finished after that, "He was lucky to be born in your father's dominion—very lucky—as I remind him every day!" Clive fixed his posture upon hearing this, speaking to the both of them. "Stand. Please." He reached out a hand, the man hitting the Bearer for him to stand. "Stand!"

"I trust his good fortune will continue." Clive gave the both of them a small smile. "Of course. If that is your lordship's wish." The both of them bowed once again before raising their heads. "Don't work too hard. Remember, it is for the good of the duchy that you serve." The Bearer bowed as if he had dedicated his life to bowing.

Making Elysia chuckle as she covered her mouth with one of her hands, "Excuse me.." Clive nudged her with his finger, the man speaking to Clive again. "As do we all, my lord." Clive nodded at this, "As do we all." 

"Come along, now. Back to your duties." The man ordered the Bearer, the Bearer picking up the crate of apples before glancing at Elysia with a smile. Jill held Torgal in her arms, the little pup yawning and whining in her hold. The two of them following Clive once again on his journey to the castle.

                                         𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬

"Nice and quiet in here, isn't it?" Jill could only nod at Elysia's honesty, Elysia noticing Clive's younger brother, Joshua. "There's Joshua!" She pointed at the little fellow who stood near the garden. The little boy looked disturbed, the group could only be concerned as they walked over to him.