Baby shopping

You and Chris are expecting your first child in about 4 months and even though you have some baby stuff you still have not got the big stuff e.g the cot ,pram ect .

Chris parks the car in the shopping centre car park " right waiting here while I get a ticket" you start to unclip your seatbelt " Chris I will be fine I don't need your help to get out of the car" . He turned with one eyebrow rise "Oh really let me remember what happened on Monday after we saw the doctor " you hold your finger up to him " don't that was because I wasn't stuck it it I umm " you sit there trying to think of a reason then wave your hand at him " oh just go and get the ticket I will wait here . He kisses you on the cheek then gets out of the car .

A few minutes later you and Chris are walking hand in hand though the shopping centre every now then you stop to look in a shops window then move on . " So where is this baby shop your friend told you about?" You stop and look around" umm oh its over there " you point to a shop that says "bump and go" in big bright blue and pink writing . Chris stands looking at the writing"that's one weird name" you rub your eye " the colour makes my eyes hurt " Chris looks at you then take your hand " come on let have a look if we don't see anything we like we can go back to the other baby shop we go to" .

You and Chris had been walking around the store  looking at everything there is from changing bags, to baby clothes, cots you name it they have but at very  expensive prices . You stand looking at the changing bag when Chris rush over to you in a way that makes he like he's not he whispers " I'm telling you now I have just seen a stroller for a thousand dollars who needs a thousand dollars stroller!".

You shrug your shoulders " I don't know to be honest Chris I don't really like it in here everything is way over our price range I mean look at this " you walk over to a clothing rake and pick a baby grow forty dollar for a baby grow that say I love mum I mean I could get 4 of them from the other shop like this and " , just then the shop assistant come over " is there anything I can help you with today ?" Chris turns around and puts on a fake smile" we are  fine thanks just looking" the shop assistant nod " well I may I assist you with choosing a stroller we have some lovely ones in stock or maybe a car seat ". You interrupt " sorry umm I need to nip off to the lady but I'm sure you can show  my husband them"  you give Chris a big smile you can tell he looks annoyed with you so he clears his throat and says though gritted teeth "yes certainly dear I would love to see those things" . You try not to laugh as the shop assistant takes Chris off to where the car seats are .

An hour later you sat on a bench drinking a milkshake when Chris comes walking over and stand in front of you " I hate you know that" you look up at him and watch him sit down next you . You pass him his coffee and a donut " I got you these to sorry for leaving you with the nutty shop assistant" ,Chris take them off you and has a sip of his coffee " thanks that woman would not shut up about car seat and how each one is different" . Chis breaks his donut in  haft and offers you some " no thanks I had one " he takes a bite of his donut " that woman tried to get me to buy a two thousand dollars car seat " you look at in panic " chis you didn't?" . Chris swallowed hard and nearly chokes " what do you take me for no didn't I know we are actors and probably could afford that but baby grows so I'm not wasting money on a two thousand dollars car seat!".

Late that afternoon your back home and are prepareing dinner when dodger comes trotting in " hey boy didn't you enjoy you walk with daddy?" Dodger wags his tail and sit in front as you give his scratches behind his ear .  Chris walk in confused "umm why is there  big boxes in the hallway?" You stand up straight and put your hands on your waist " oh it comes while you were out it's to heavy for me to move " .
Chris place his keys on the side as he gets a knife out of the drawer " hey no  use scissors that my best knife" you take the knife off Chris  and give him a pair of scissors " , he gives you.a funny look the walk off to open the boxes .

Chis open one of boxes and sighs "Y/N have you been ordering stuff online again then forgetting about it ?" You shout from the kitchen No why?" . " Come here and see  what got delivered" your frown then walk off to find chis in the hall setting up a pram "where did the come from ?" Chris read the receipt " it comes from baby & Co there should be this pram , umm a next to me basket, changing table and cot with mattress" .

You take the receipt off Chris and quickly read " I don't remember ordering anything of this stuff " Chris begin to open another box " are you sure because that all we had left to get " . You sit down on the stairs dodger comes sit by your feet and rest his chin on you foot  " oh hang on I do remember now just read the date on the bottom I did order them " . Chis pull out a big wooden frame which is the one of the side of the cot " when did you order them?"

"When you were in Atlanta filming do you remember I phone you up in panic crying because we had nothing ready for the baby I must of panic buyed the forgot I brought it " . Chris scratches his forehead " that why you shouldn't be left alone with your phone at 3 in the morning" you stroke Dodgers head "hey I'm not that bad" . Just then oven start beeping you get up off the stairs then walk off to the kitchen "umm excuse me are you not going to help me put this stuff away?" You turn around and walk back to Chris " nope because you said to me at the start of this pregnancy that your the man of house it your job to deal with baby stuff eg the cot , changing table and anything else that needs building " . You place your hand on his chest and lean in " I'm just a pretty little woman who need to rest" Chris frowns at you " I don't remember saying that !" You walk off back in to the kitchen" maybe you have baby brain ".