News

I trained even more since that day, feeling the need to make Piao proud to call me his friend. If he knew I was a girl this whole time and never told or even became angry with me, I want to make sure he knows how much I appreciate him. I owe him everything.

I will practice until I can be strong too!

I often come back feeling sore but now that I am training twice as hard for twice as long, I find it hard to move by the time I make it back. Today in particular felt extremely painful.

Why does my stomach hurt so much? I'm not sick but it feels so painful!

A sudden odd sensation came over me, but I began to panic seeing red flow from me down my legs. I didn't even realize I was wailing until Piao was suddenly in front of me, shaking my shoulders to get my attention. "Hey! Are you hurt? Why are you crying?"

Forgetting my promise, I started blubbering. "Piao, I'm bleeding to death! I don't remember getting hurt! I don't want to die!" My eyes were so filled with tears that I only heard him begin to laugh instead of seeing him.

"It's a woman thing. I'll tell you what I can!" He told me what he knew, saying it was supposed to be normal and I felt too embarrassed to ask any questions. The more he told me, the more I realized how dumb I must seem. I left to wash myself but came to our room without looking at him. I simply turned over to face the wall and dragged the thin sheet over my head as a way to hide my shame. After a few silent moments, I heard him closer than before, making me freeze in fear. "You don't need to be ashamed. You were raised with us, so how could you know? For the record," He whispered, "I'm glad you're not dying."

With that, he moved back to his original spot, leaving me more embarrassed than I was before but somehow unable to contain a smile.

>>>>>>>

"Hey! Are you going to keep being slow?" Xin questioned. He is always so severe with everything, but it's something I have grown used to.

I really want to tell him to shut up, though. I never feel that way but now I just can't stand him yelling at me!

As if my prayer was answered, a man walked onto the property dressed in clothing more expensive than anything we had ever laid eyes on. "That's that guy we told you about!" Xin whispered. He subtly moved to stand outside the building to listen in. Feeling more curiosity than guilt, I knelt beside him to listen as well.

My heart felt so much joy and pride knowing he was being chosen for something so special but a realization swept over me as I looked at Xin.

This must be so frustrating for him. He is a good fighter as well but he won't even consider him....

The silence was deafening and being unable to read the room without asking questions, I couldn't help feeling a bit distraught. We each laid on our sides facing away from each other. Even though it had to be obvious no one was sleeping, the fact no one spoke was nerve-wracking until Piao declared he was going.

Relief swept over me as Xin was actually very happy for our friend. I sat up and faced them both as they joked for a moment.

I'll pack something special for Piao and give it to him before he leaves. He already knows I'm a girl and I want him to know I will do my best to keep Xin out of trouble.