The Confession

As they sat together on the old oak tree swing, watching the sun set behind the horizon, Wanda couldn't help but feel a sense of nervous excitement. She had been in love with her best friend, Nat, for as long as she could remember, but had never found the courage to tell her.

"Hey, Nat," she said, taking a deep breath. "Can I talk to you about something?"

Nat looked at her curiously, her piercing green eyes locked onto hers. "Of course, what's up?" she asked, her voice laced with concern thinking that something was wrong.

Wanda fidgeted with her hands, trying to find the right words. "I need to tell you something, I've been wanting to tell you for a while but have always chickened out of telling you" Wanda said taking a deep breath before looking Nat in the eye "I.. I'm in love with you" Wanda confessed

There was a moment of silence, and then Nat's face broke out into a wide smile. "I love you to Wans" she said, her voice filled with joy, finally knowing Wanda felt the same as she, and knowing it wasn't one sided. "But I didn't know how you felt!"

Wanda's heart skipped a beat as she heard Nat's admission, letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She had been hoping that she felt the same way, but hearing it confirmed still took her by surprise.

They sat there for a few moments, just looking at each other, their hearts racing with excitement. Finally, Nat spoke up again breaking the comfortable silence that had washed over them.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend? Officially" Nat asked feeling excitement wash over her

Wanda nodded eagerly, feeling like she was floating on air. "Yes, definitely!"And with that, they shared their first kiss under the setting sun, surrounded by the beauty of nature and the happiness of newfound love.