Chapter 3

Mei, now 15 years old, was excited for her dear friend, Claire's birthday party. She had prepared a blue ball dress, just the color of Claire's eyes for her present. Claire loved dancing, and It was the perfect present for her.

   She stepped into the courtyard. Everything was as she had planned to be. This would be the best birthday in Claire's life. Claire soon showed up, wearing the blue dress that Mei had given to her that morning. The girls hugged each other.

   "Thank you for preparing this beautiful party! I am so grateful for you!!" Claire twirled, her dress spinning around her like a flower blooming. Meanwhile, Mei looked slightly crabby, but with a light smile on her thin lips, reserved for Claire only. She wore a tight fitting dark green dress, one she wore every day. Claire and Mei laughed and giggled (Claire did most of these) as the party unfolded. It was noontime, and the scorching sun obliged them to go inside the palace and eat lunch. As they dined on the juicy steaks, the cook's masterpiece, a thunderstorm started. Thunder clapped, and servants rushed down the halls, soaking wet. Some of the servers looked worried, but tried their best to maintain their emotionless appearances. Mei took Claire, who was horrified, into their room, as quickly as possible.

    All of the sudden, a gust of wind and a clap of thunder blew out the lights of the castle. It was pitch-black. When the lights came back on, the two girls were gone, with a note in their place saying EDEN in large, bold, letters. The king smiled thin as he saw the note, as he knew his daughter was safe in their hands.

Mei woke up in a field filled with white tulips. Claire was sleeping by her side. She rose up, agile, and looked around her surroundings. Other children were sleeping, there was no one awake. The sky was blue, and there was not a cloud in sight. In the middle of the field, a majestic golden castle glimmered.

"It's Eden." A voice behind her said. A girl her age, with lengthy dark blue hair with one strand twisted into a braid, serpent-like turquoise eyes, and coppery skin with small freckles. "Majestic, isn't it?"

Mei stood there, speechless.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Kiera Sterling Smith. And this," She held up a limp body of a handsome boy, " is my brother, Ray. Nice to meet you!" Mei said;"My name is Mei. This is my best friend, Claire."

"Ohh, you must be the princess of Clareth. I believe that your friend there is a werewolf? I mean, look at this bushy tail! My brother and I are descendants of dragons. I am a water dragon, and my brother is a fire dragon." Kiera knew a lot of things about the prestigious academy. She was also very talkative.

"The academy only accepts students with great powers or potential. You must be the potential side, because I have never heard of a Clarethian having powers... Anyway, seeing that your friend is awake, let's go inside." Claire had rosen into a sitting position.

"Where are we?" Mei replied. "This is Eden academy. You know, the one you were constantly talking about?"

"I thought it was just a dream! you know, like the light and crystal powers?'' Claire exclaimed. 'Well, they exist, too.' 'It was Kiera."The powers are passed down generation to generation. In fact, the fairy godmother's grandson, Lloyd Carter will be attending the school! He is the next destined warrior of light. As for the Crystal warrior side, the line has been cut after the last one, Cassandra Blood. Actually, I do not know that much about her-"

"Wait," Claire interrupted.''Who are you?"

"Her name is Miss Kiera Sterling Dragohn, and I guess you forgot to mention me. I am the most gorgeous half-dragon that ever lived, Ray Smith Dragohn!" A boy about 18 years old appeared from behind.

"Is that your brother?" Claire asked. "He's gorgeous".

"I knew it!" he proclaimed. He was a rather handsome boy, his amber eyes sparkling upon his tanned skin, real flames flickering down his arms and honey brown eyes. It was clear that he and Kiera were the well-known elemental siblings. Kiera smacked him.

"Now, let's go inside. the other kids must be all inside!" It was true. The children lying around the field were all marching to the castle. The small group of children started to walk the road to the magnificent castle as well.

The castle was truly beautiful. Silver walls and golden towers shone in the bright light of noon. In the courtyard that was seen right when you came inside the doors, was a lone lady standing. A variety of children sat before her. Some appeared to be non-human at all.

"Hello, dear students," The lady remarked. "You look beautiful today. My name is Ella, better known as Cinderella. I will be one of your teachers here at Eden academy. Will you introduce yourselves along with your powers?"

A blond boy raised his hands. "I am Lloyd Carter, grandson of the fairy godmother. I am the future Light warrior." Claire looked impressed, and even lovestruck at the pretty appearance of him. He had emerald green eyes and smooth skin, rosy cheeks and fair hair.

"You are destined to be great, my boy." The woman remarked.

A twin raised her hands. "Our names are Meria and Lucia. We are half nymphs and half mermaids."

"Ooh ooh!" A boy raised his hands. "My name is Lance Justice. I am a great mechanic, and I can make many machines, along with weapons. Oh, and I am also a glacier, a master of ice.."

"On that mark," A rather small girl spoke up, "I am a spell caster, a witch. At least, my mother was. My name is Leah Schmit, by the way."

A group of gangly looking teenagers told that they were a family of vampires, the Char family. Pansy, Ian, and Herring were the children. They also had a young sister called Charlie, but she was too weak to be part of their group.

There was also Skye Darling, master of absorption. She was capable of absorbing any skills or powers if she did a certain ritual. However, since they were only borrowed powers, it ran out after an hour.

Kiera and Ray proudly introduced themselves as well.

The elf Zay Williams and his friend, Bob Mold the dwarf introduced themselves as the elementals of each electricity and soil.

A boy, rather gloomy-looking,Bodin Carter introduced himself as a nymph with exceptional control of wind, his element. He was also the adopted brother of Lloyd. He had dark green eyes and black hair with a ghostly green aura surrounding him.

Claire introduced herself as a werewolf, when it was her turn.

Now, there was only Mei who had not introduced herself. "I am Mei Crystall, A princess. I do not have any powers nor potential that I know of."

Dismissively, the teacher led the children to the orientation hall.

It was colossal, with pearly white pillars lined up its sparkling gold walls. A white bearded man stood straight up on the podium.

"Hello, dear boys and girls. My name is Merlin of camelot. I am the deputy headmaster of this school. For your dorms, Claire and Mei in 201, Lloyd and Ray in 202. Bane and Ian in 203. Kiera and Skye in 204. Zay and Herrings in 205. Leah and Pansy in 206. Lance and Bob in 207, Meria and Lucia in 208." The children all seemed very happy for their roommates, and Claire and Mei were very excited for each other, anticipating their stay.

Silver butterflies flew out from the open windows. Once they arrived on stage, they transformed into people, 16 of them, all from the legends of their world. "They are your mentors, who will guide you throughout your school life." Claire's mentor turned out to be Thumbelina, while Mei's became the fairy godmother. 'Strange', the godmother thought. 'Such dark power, but none in direct appearance.' She was intrigued by her young pupil.

They had weekends as free time, when they were allowed to go to the towns of their liking.

As for the school days, they had hard, heavy learning to become noble heroes. They had manners, history, basic physical abilities and of course, Surviving in the forest, otherwise known as S.I.T.F, which prepared students for forest creatures and dangers. Lastly, they learned potions and spells(Leah seemed excited by this point.).

The time tables were to be delivered the next day, so for the rest of the day, students were recommended to go to their dorms, which was a collection of complete majesty.