Rubrum Lunam

The ambience of the cafe is simply breathtaking. It was decorated lavishly with plants and greenery. There was a bar counter and some simplistic furniture that fits the cafe theme. It had an eccentric combination of green, red and maroon decorations. Tables two and four had oil lamps with a warm fluorescent light bulb. A waft of sagewood filled the air, making me feel at ease. 

"Welcome, dear customer. May I get your order?" 

a gentle voice spoke, and I was brought back to reality. I looked at the bar counter to see a red-haired girl cleaning the counter.  I quietly walked to the counter and asked for the menu, but was replied with

"Our cafe only creates the drinks or food that our customers want. Is there anything you want?"

"Water. For now."

"Alright! Here you go."

I stared in silence at the water. What am I doing? I took in the cafe's interior design, closing my eyes and sighing. She would love this cafe no doubt. I opened my phone to see my lock screen. 

"Is there anything wrong, dear customer? " 

the lady said, concerned. I shook my head, not wanting to dwell on it. Just then, I glance over the lady's shoulder to see a toy that gave me a painful tug on my heart. Beside a vase of daisies was a music box that reminded me of a distant memory that had long been sealed into the back of my mind. 

"That music box... where.." 

"Oh, the owner saw this music box a few weeks ago during a vintage item sale! The owner has a soft spot for vintage items and decors you see, so when he sees anything vintage, you can bet that he will get it, haha~"

I calmly laughed, looking at that music box fondly but painfully. 

"So, what brings you to our cafe tonight? Everyone has a story, and I'm always interested in hearing them if you ever want to talk about it."

"I have customers who come in here looking like they're carrying the weight of the world, just like how you look right now. Sometimes, a good drink and a friendly chat can do wonders to lighten the load," 

The lady added, pouring a splash of chocolate bitters into the mix.

"I can't help but notice that music box caught your eye. Sometimes, certain things have a way of unlocking memories and emotions we thought were tucked away. Care to share what's on your mind?"

As the drink neared completion, she leaned in slightly, her tone softening. 

"You know, we're more than just a cafe. We're a place where stories are shared, burdens are lightened, and connections are made. If you ever find yourself needing a friendly ear or a comforting space, you know where to find us. And, of course, this special drink is on the house tonight. Consider it a gesture of hospitality and understanding."

She handed me the drink with a warm smile, her eyes suddenly holding a red glimmer of darkness. 

"We also do some services to get revenge too," 

she said, handing me a business card that was very ominous-looking. The black card had a contact number and an address to what seemed to be the place where they would discuss the services. At the bottom of the card, there was a warning note that this card should not be shared with anyone else. Almost as if the cafe was alive, I felt a cold chill down my spine as I looked up to glance at the lady's eyes. Despite the cheerful grin, one can almost feel the ominous aura that the lady gives off, almost as if she was warning me to not dream of losing or sharing the card with anyone else. With a sigh, I nodded.

"Thanks for the drink. It's nice." 

"Thank you for visiting our humble cafe, hope to see you again, կորած հոգի."

I nodded and left the cafe, not knowing what the lady said. Oh well, off to the real world again. I thought to myself as I tucked the card into my pocket.