IN THE END IT HURTS.

It's still 8 PM, so she can come out and meet him, for only he knows the reason.

Opening the hostel gate, she walks down to the garden, which is near her hostel. She walks inside, searching for that stupid boy.

There he was, sitting on the swing, scrolling down his phone screen. She takes a deep breath before she walks up to him.

"What are you? A kid?" she asks, her voice cold. He looks up with a grin as she stands beside him, her eyes cold as always.

"Uhh, Palls, there's no harm in being a kid. Come sit here..."

He says, pulling her down to sit beside him on the swing. She sits down, holding the swing chain and rolls her eyes.

"Why did you call me? Just bark fast, and I'll be leaving..."

"Uhh, that's offensive, but it's you, so - Ahhh."

He groans in pain when she hits him hard on the arm. "Shut up and speak the actual thing," she glares at him, and he gives up.

He sighs before genuinely looking at her, his eyes shining with passion.

"Why did you come here just on one call of mine? It isn't like we are on good terms with each other. Then why? You could have denied... Also, the kiss..."

His question is valid, and he asked it purposely. He wants to know what she actually thinks about him. They always fight, and she never obeys him, nor does he. So why come all the way down for him?

She looks at him, her eyes softening, and her grip on the chain loosening. He made her go back and rewind the scenes...

It was him who always stayed real in front of her, unlike others. It was him who never left her mind. Before him, she had a boring college life or the family pressure that never left her mind. But after him, her mind revolved only around him. The boredom got replaced by his teasing, their unnecessary fights. She started loving the college life. She liked coming back to college every day because she came prepared for the fight that might happen or to counter him back if he teased her. But that is another thing as-...

"I am leaving. That's a stupid question," she says with an uninterested tone before hastily standing up. He, too, stands up with a puzzled look.

"But -" Before he can say anything, she starts walking away. "Wait -..." He sighs as he couldn't walk forward to stop her. His eyes shine with love when he looks at her. Only if he could confess those feelings. But he thinks that if he did, he will surely get rejected by her, just as much as he knows her.

Pallavi smiles while walking away. He would never understand what she feels. Will he ever come to know that she was the first between them who fell in love? Yes, she fell for him the moment her ears caught his beautiful laugh, the way it echoed through corridor, how melodious and addictive, which made her heart skip a beat.

But she knew that he will never fall for her. So she decided to keep her love silent and admire him from afar. Even though they fought, and he used to annoy her like he won't survive without doing that, he still do though. She never let her hopes go high.

Because he used to go around other girls who drooled over him like crazy. One day he's seen with this girl, and the next day he's seen with someone else. That's how his life goes, and she can't help but stay down with her growing feelings.

Which eventually come out again whenever he looked at her, when he gave his all attention to her. But that wasn't enough. Even though his approach towards her and other girls was different, she can't let herself fall more because in the end, it will hurt.

Also, she wants to ignore the fact that he is no longer that person. Since the moment he realized his feelings for her, he stopped going around and messing with other girls. Or maybe because she hasn't noticed that yet.

______________________________________

Our little story will soon come to an end, and I hope this time I give you a very great ending.

Also a question - are you liking this college era book?..