1. The Cullens

It was a Sunday. Me, Bella Swan, and Edward Cullen are walking up to the Cullen house for pre-wedding dinner. Bella and Edward are getting married in a week. The house is very extravagant, like a house a millionaire would casually have in a tv show.

"Wendy! They're coming to the door!" Bella yells at me, spinning around to look at me about ten paces behind. Edward has his arm around her waist, his wonderful hazel eyes meeting hers.

"Sorry! I'm coming. Just nervous," I say, jogging to catch up to Bella and Edward.

"Don't be; they're extremely nice. They welcomed me in immediately, and I'm-" Bella is cut off.

"We welcomed you in because you're great!" Says a girl with dark brunette hair, running to hug Bella and Edward. I recognized her from high school. The girl's hair is seemingly perfect, styled in a short pixie. The girl is slim, filled out just enough to be bigger than Bella, who is basically skin and bones. The girl has the same pale skin as Edward, and the same topaz-like eyes.

"Wendy, this is Alice Cullen. She'll be doing our hair and makeup," Bella says to me.

"Oh, hello! I'm Alice! I'm Edward's sister," says Alice, walking over to me. She looks deeply into my eyes, making me go silent and still, almost in a trance. She brings me into a tight hug, her cold body engulfing me in a cool breeze. She hugs me extremely hard, but I somehow feel lighter when she hugs me, grateful she must like long hugs.

"Don't kill her on the first day, Alice," says Edward, nudging Bella to continue inside. Alice groans.

"Come inside! We made lasagna!" Alice says, linking arms with me and walking towards the house.

***

I step over the threshold into the Cullen house, taking in the smell of newly-mown grass and fresh-cooked lasagna.

"The kitchen's over there, and our bedrooms are upstairs!" Alice says, putting her arm around my waist and giving me a tour.

She shows me a panel of variantly-colored graduation caps, the older ones I assume are from family. She shows me all around the house, eventually ending in her bedroom. She begins to zip around her bedroom, explaining certain aspects that I didn't pay attention to. The only thing I paid attention to was the fact that I only wanted to be with her right now.

"And that's it! Want to go down and get some lasagna?" Alice says to me, putting down something I assume is a magazine on top of a pile of others.

"Yeah," I say out of habit. I don't want to leave right now. But she's already wrapped her hand around my waist again, making me breath a light gasp. She whips us down the stairs, gliding as if she's flying.

We arrive in the lustrous kitchen, the essence of the lasagna in the air almost burning my skin, though the Cullens seem not to notice.

"Wendy, this is Carlisle Cullen, our dad," Alice says, gesturing to a man with a soft hooked nose and short light-blond hair. I notice his eyes seem a much lighter topaz than the rest of the Cullens I've met.

"Pleasure to meet you, Wendy. Are you here for the wedding?" The man named Carlisle says, flashing a bright smile.

"Um, yes. I'm a Swan family friend," I say, extending a hand. He shakes it, sending a cold shock through my body.

"And this is Esme Cullen, our mom. His wife, of course," Alice says, gesturing to a beautiful woman with a square-ish face.

"Lovely to meet you," Esme hugs me, her flowing hair wrapping around my shoulders.