Photographs

Journal format again!

Also I wanted to put the least amount of spoilers in case anyone is still reading!

You and Tam were childhood friends, the two of you and Linh did everything together. Eating meals, climbing trees. Your favourite memory of the three of you, was when you had a sleepover. To Tam you were his only freedom from his parents. Then that fateful day when Tam and Linh were sent to Exillum. You begged your parents to stop them, but it was too late. 

You met Tam's eyes one last time before he turned and left.

Fast forward years later....

You had made a new friend, her name was Sophie Foster and she was strange. She didn't care about powers, or anything, and her eyes were pretty. You smiled, glad someone liked you because of you. You felt.....

Free

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing makes us feel alive

Sophie, from what I heard got herself into big trouble with the Neverseen. She asked me to help her. I don't know, but I agreed. I pulled out a small photo of Tam when we were little and said with more confidence this time.

Yes.

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And time's forever frozen still

Sooo, Mr.Forkle brought me to this crazy looking place. He says it's one of the hideouts of the Black Swan. Not gonna lie, Sophie has a massive crush on Fitz, I'm pretty sure. I mean it's not too obvious but enough. I glanced at the room I had to myself. It was a little treehouse, greenery and lots of comfy and cozy things. Sophie called to me and I left the room, dropping my photos and bag.

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home

I looked at Sophie in shock, I had been with them not too long and now I was banished.

Yep, banished from Foxfire. When I demanded to know what happened, Keefe came between and told me everything. I just stared and looked at Dex and said to call me when it was dinner.

I walked over to my room and threw myself onto the bed. I knew something big was gonna happen, I mean, I'm with the Moonlark of course something like this is needed to save the world, but everything I worked for, felt like it just flew out the window. I curl up ignoring Dex, until my nightmares came again.

Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know, know
I swear it will get easier
Remember that with every piece of ya
Hmm, and it's the only thing we take with us when we die

They were always there, images of Linh and Tam being dragged away from me, while I stand hopelessly and unable to help. Another one comes and I see Tam's face turning away from me, I reach but only to wake up, with Tam nowhere. I shook myself awake and stayed awake the rest of the night.

Hmm, we keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen, still

It was our first day at Exillum, I was nervous, but I was placed in Ambi. I look and there are two other people, a young girl and a young man, Hydrokenetic and Shade. Suddenly I hear yells and turn around to see Sophie, in danger.....

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone

All of the sudden water and then I felt something strange, something cold and I see the Shade's shadow cross mine. I could have sworn I recognized the voice, but I cut off the connection before he could say anything. I ignore the two of them for the rest of the training, trying to also help Sophie not fall on her butt a million times.

And if you hurt me
That's okay, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages, you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go
Wait for me to come home

When it was time to eat, I grabbed a fruit I liked, but found a hand reaching for it as well, I looked up and saw the Shade again. I let him have it but before I could do anything, his voice filled my mind. When I heard the voice clearly I knew who it was. But I didn't believe it and walked away, i could feel Shade's eyes following me.

Oh, you can fit me
Inside the necklace you got when you were sixteen
Next to your heartbeat where I should be
Keep it deep within your soul

After Exillum, before I could leave, a hand grabbed mine and I was dragged away into a clearing. I got up ready to fight, dropping my mask in the process. But the boy didn't hurt me. He stood there and removed his mask. I just stared, as tears welled up. I knew those eyes. Silver blue and slanted, the pale skin and the face shape. I took a step back and almost tripped until Tam caught me.

And if you hurt me
Well, that's okay, baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages, you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go

When I'm away, I will remember how you kissed me

Under the lamppost back on Sixth street
Hearing you whisper through the phone
"Wait for me to come home

I looked as Tam blushed and helped me back up.

"Hi Y/N." 

OKay done! Should I make a part 2?