Science fiction. The master who knew all

It almost never occurred to me that I would be entrusted to a master at the age of 15, when I already had a strong sense of personal likings and resentments. Yet I had to surrender before this verdict of my parents who had been dealing with the banalities of their own lives. And they desperately needed someone to be offered as a sacrifice to add some lively moments to their otherwise lifeless world.

And without assuming, I am sure, you would have understood by now, who this someone was. It was I, their salvation from their banal lives. Whether or not it will be so, that is another matter, but for now they had something to be satisfied with and focus their minds on.

A recreational predisposition of a belief that they can somehow not be happy, no matter how hard they tried. And by making a self appointed master, the guardian of my every action and every thought, they had offered themselves a temporary hope that everything would end well in the end. Even if that means sacrificing another human being for its sake.

That should give you a fair idea about my parents and their ability to surmise future prospects of their happiness by adopting a masquerading technique, where they always manage to deceive themselves into believing that their superfluous need for merriment and joviality is their right that nobody can prevent them from accessing. And it was this belief that persuaded them to happily give me away to my master, who happens to be someone I have neither known nor seen before. You can guess my emotional state that I was cast into when they declared this to me right in front of my master. Without offering me time or a thought to spare on this command just issued by my parents. It was almost like news about me, and I had no idea about it, and I was told to accept it as it is.

I wanted to say no, I wanted to protest. But in my culture that will be considered too vulgar and too uncivilised on my part. Therefore, I go to my room and begin packing my luggage. Where I placed just a few important items and in 45 minutes I was standing in front of my master and my parents, who from the look in their faces, appeared to be his yes-man and yes-woman like disciples. And to keep their master satisfied they did not hesitate to offer me and my hopes as a sacrifice.

And I stood there with the look of the sacrificial animal who somehow instinctively knows that these are the last moments of the freedom and life it will get to experience. And the moment my master stood up and my parents offered him their respects. He instructed me with his eyes, and like a sheep I began following him. Wherever he went, I went there, where he stopped, I stopped there, wherever he waited I was meant to wait there, and after few hours we arrived at a place where everything looked orderly, where everything was placed where perfection would have placed it, and then we both stood near a huge wooden gate. After a few moments a man appeared before us and asked us to accompany him. He made us stand before a tall and mighty looking wooden gate.

We waited at the gate, while sometimes looking at each other and quite often scaling the height of the gate with our eyes. And the gate easily stood taller than 60 feet.

Then someone opened the tall and mighty gate from inside and led us into a hall that was well furnished and artfully decorated with a lot of things. There was something for everyone to please his/her eyes and mind as well. And I got busy pleasing my eyes followed by my mind. Then someone whose description can be compared with a warrior, a scientist, and a philosopher. Someone who had seen what nobody else had seen or would ever see, at least that is what his outward appearance suggested to me. He occupied one of the main chairs, and then my master sat in the chair next to him. And I waited for my master to indicate to me with his eyes to occupy the chair next to him.

He did not disappoint me and I did not disappoint him either. I immediately obeyed his instruction, and in a few seconds I had occupied the chair indicated by my master.