Familiar Features

Hogwarts

Hermione and Corvus gently pushed through the students crowded round a shaking wardrobe, "intriguing, isn't it?", Lupin watched his students with a small, proud smile, "would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?", Dean spoke up.

"That's a boggart, that is"

Lupin nodded, "very good, Mr. Thomas", the wardrobe rattled again, "now, can anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?"

Hermione spoke up from beside Corvus, as the boy tucked the time tuner back under his shirt, "no one knows"

Ron looked to Harry with wide eyes, "when did they get here?"

Corvus smirked at the boy before finishing Hermione answer, "boggarts are shape-shifters, they take form of whatever a person fear most", Hermione smiled at him, and finished his sentence.

"It's what makes them so-"

Lupin smiled at the two, though his eyes seemed to drift back to Corvus every minute, "-so terrifying, yes, yes, yes... luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart", a violent shake came from the wardrobe, "let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. Riddikulus!", the students copied, "very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen: Riddikulus!", again they repeated with more energy, "very good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please?", the timid boy walked forwards, "come on, don't be shy. Come on", standing beside Lupin, he, looked at the wardrobe with fear, "Neville, what frightens you most of all?", the boy mumbled an answer, "sorry?"

"Professor Snape"

The class laughed at this, not at Neville, but his heartily honest answer.

Lupin even chuckled, "Preffesor Snape. Yes, frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandmother"

"Yes, but I don't want hat boggart to turn into her, either", the class chuckled again as Lupin shook his head.

"No, it won't. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly, in your mind", Neville went to list his grandmother appearance, "we don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do. Excuse me", he whispered into Nevilles ear, what he said shocked Neville, "can you do that?... Yes, wand at the ready. One, two, three", Lupin flicked his wand and the wardrobe opened, allowing Professor Snape to step out.

Neville raised his won wand, "Riddickulus!", the Snape clone staggered back as he was covered in a green dress-suit, a large hat with a vulture on top and a bright red handbag on his arm; the sight of this made the class erupt in laughter.

Lupin released a merry laugh, "wonderful, Neville, wonderful! Incredible! Okay. To the back Neville. Everyone, form a line", students clamoured together wanting a turn against the boggart, Harry pushing Corvus before him, "form a line. I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most... and turn it into something funny", Lupin put some music on, "Next! Ron!"

The Weasley boy stepped forwards, and the boggart span into a towering spider.

"Riddikulus!" 

Roller skates appeared at the spiders legs, making it slip and splay around as the class laughed. Corvus found himself enjoying this class, a small smile pulling at his cheeks as Lupin shouted out congratulations.

Pavarti was up next, the boggart spun and formed a cobra, hissing madly.

"Riddikulus!" 

The snake leaned back and turned into a jack in the box, making the class erupt once again.