Mode: Curse nor bless you.. (Never let em stress you)

"I can't do it," Bernadine gulped, as she looked out of the window of the car, up at the beautiful Hayvenhurst home.

She could see kids running, babies to teenagers, family members, laughing and dancing..
She couldn't.

She didn't want the sympathy or the pity.
She knew as soon as she stepped out of the car, everyone there would be thinking the same.

Poor Bernadine, and her failing marriage.
Poor Bernadine getting cheated on..

No. She couldn't.
"Fuck you mean?" Jill mumbled from the car, keeping her eyes out of the window to scope out Michael.

The kids had already taken off out into the function, and Bernadine wanted to leave before Michael decided to come and find her.

And he would.
"I don't feel good. I really want to go home.."

"No!" Evelyn and Dina hissed at the same time.
"You have to go. You have to see what he wants, if he's genuine!" Dina growled.

"Naw, she's not taking him back! She's showing him what he's missing!" Evelyn glared at Dina.
"They love each other though?" Dina frowned as Jill and Evelyn scoffed.

"Chile? Love? Please.." Jill almost laughed out loud.

Bernadine held her twisting stomach, harder.

***
"Your mother is here?" Michael gasped.
"Yeah, she's in the car! She looks beautiful, I think you should go see!" Mia grinned.

Michael thought for a minute. Bernadine always looked beautiful..
"Doesn't she always?" He chuckled softly.

"Well yeah, but she changed her hair and everything.." Mia clapped gleefully as Michael's eyes sparkled.

"How? She changed her hair?" He snapped almost too abruptly at his daughter. He was too excited to see his wife, because he knew that she'd probably sharpened up for him.

Just like he had for her.
"Yes, daddy. She straightened it.." Lori cut in as she hugged Michael's palm to her cheek.
He tickled under the other little babies chin and smiled.

His daughters really did look like Bernadine.
"Straight? No curls?"
"Yeah. It's all straight.." Mia chuckled.

"Wow, I can't imagine her like that," Michael pondered for a second as he zoned out of the kids conversation.

He loved her wild untameable fro, and he wasn't sure if he'd appreciate this change.
Bernie was for anything natural, and so making her hair bend to a unnatural state was so not her.

Now he was anxious.

"Well, where is she? I wanna see!" Michael stood, carrying Lori in his arm, and tugging Mia by the hand, "Take me to her.."

"I think she was in the car with aunty Jill, Dina, and Evvy.." Lori whispered softly in a cute voice to her father, whose face had dropped.

"All three?" His voice was a mere whisper, like a slither of an icicle.
Those three were never a good influence on Bernadine, mostly due to their own failing relationships..

"Yeah, they did her hair, and stuff!" Mia smiled up at him, too excited to stand in the middle of the garden any longer.

"Ok, show me.." Michael nervously pushed Mia softly in the back, as she ran ahead to take him to the car.
***

Ontario International airport was busy, and always made her feel uneasy.
People darted around, slurping coffee, or glaring down at newspapers.