Regrets

Pansy is a delicate, heart-shaped flower that is often associated with regret or sorrow.

In the midst of the crowd, I saw you, my first and greatest love. Now it got me thinking about what would be the outcome if I had chosen you over my career: would we be happy like we had always been, would we be married and have a child like a normal family like we had promised each other? There's too many thoughts going through my head; there's too many what-ifs and regrets that I didn't choose you. As much as I want to turn back the time and choose you over my career, I can't; I'm just a normal person, and I don't have the power to turn back time.

So for the sake of both of us, I would like to continue to move forward and fight the upcoming challenges without you, just like I had always been doing until I met you. Until I felt a tear drop off my face. "Huh, why am I crying? Isn't this what I want?" I asked myself as I felt more tears starting to drop. 'I always wanted to be independent, but why? Why do I still want to depend on and lean on you? '

Then suddenly I heard a child shouting 'Papa' while rushing towards you. I kept wishing and hoping you wouldn't be the one who the child was calling, and then suddenly I felt like something broke inside me when I saw you hugging the child. Then suddenly I saw a woman walking towards you, and the child was smiling and waving while you returned the gesture.

I was about to turn around and walk away until you called the child "Aki," the name that we promised to name our child when we have one in the future. Suddenly, I couldn't breathe properly as more tears kept falling, thinking, 'That it was supposed to be me, not her'. I just can't stand it anymore as I walk away, hoping that you didn't see me.

This story is just a random idea that I had so I'm not sure if I would continue this story.