Chapter I.

BALTIMORE, MD. )
 MONDAY, 12/11.      5PM.  

After non-stop running, Brayden finally finished all eight of his laps around the track. His track coach had been on everybody's ass since the start of indoor track season, and he wasn't giving Brayden any slack since he was new to track.

Brayden comfortably held his legs close to his chest, sitting against the gate that separated the track field and the bleachers. He watched the rest of the people on his team finish their laps. 

Sneaking a look at his Apple Watch, he saw that practice lasted for another ten minutes.

Brayden signed up for track because he didn't do much after school which bothered his mother. She always expressed how. Since his brother was on the basketball team and their practices usually ended at the same time, he already had a ride home.

Unfortunately for Brayden, he couldn't convince any of his friends to run track with him, so he kept his AirPods in every practice and stayed to himself. He was well-known around the school, but his group of friends remained small. Most people he didn't know referred to him as the gay boy or Aiden's little brother.

It bothered him for a while, but he developed tougher skin over time. Brayden came out as gay in middle school and he was lucky enough to have a family that supported him even though other people his age weren't as supportive.

That's why Brayden stayed to himself.

As soon as practice ended at 5:05, a text came in from Brayden's older brother.