Ruth

The car stopped in front of a mansion, and the back door was opened. Lane walked out of the car, then past the water fountain In the center, and he went inside.

As the door slid open, he came inside and a little girl came running to him and wrapped her little hands tightly around him, and a woman with an auburn hair followed from behind.

"Dad, you're back?" She said with her cute angelic voice. Her eyes were so adorable that they reflected her innocence. Her blonde hair was braided into pigtails.

"Hey, sweetie. How're you doing?" He asked with a smile and crouched down to her height and he pinched her cheek softly.

"I'm fine, and you?" The little girl replied with a cute small voice.

"I'm fine... Have you started your favorite show yet?"

"No, dad, not yet. Not without my best friend," she said.

Lane smiled. "I will go to my room, but I will be with you shortly. Don't start the show without the big bunny," Lane said using his hand to make two bunny ears, and the little girl grinned. He gave her a bulky plastic bag and he kissed her on the forehead and then went upstairs.

He climbed up, holding the banister very closely.

4 years earlier... Lane saw himself in a car. A blonde pretty lady sat by him in the car. She had the calmest smile.

"Where are we going to?" She asked, her eyes beaming.

"It's a surprise," Lane replied with a grin. Lane was still grinning when a truck sped from the left and collided with the car. The car's glass shattered as shards of glass flew in mid-air. The car was swayed off the road into a building. It happened so fast that it looked like a horrible dream, but it wasn't. It was real.

There was blood stains everywhere. The car was also in a bad shape, broken beyond repair. The smoke exuding from the engine created a haze. Lane opened his eyes slowly to see a vague, unclear image of a truck moving away.

Out of the indistinct image, Lane could make out another image at the back of the truck: a ring made out of thunderbolts and an eye in the middle.

He turned his wounded face to the left, and he saw the lady lying on the airbag IN front of her, but she was critically wounded by a shard of glass that pierced into her neck. Lane tried to move, but he couldn't . He just moaned trying to come closer.

"Ruth," he said slowly, mustering all the energy left in him. He raised his voice slightly and called again. "Ruth! Ruth!" But she didn't move.