Chapter 2

Fortunately, no one had trailed them from the train, and the cab journey proceeded without any complications, while baby Percy remained engrossed by the picturesque scenery outside the window. Annabeth found solace in the fact Percy had stopped throwing a tantrum, and was refraining from slapping or pulling her hair.

Shortly thereafter, the cab deposited them, and the trio commenced their approach towards the entrance of the camp. It was only upon crossing the camp's boundary that Annabeth finally exhaled a sigh of relief.

They were safe thus far, with no monsters bothering them. Perhaps taking care of Percy wouldn't be such a burden for a while.

"Annabeth, Grover, what brings you here? Did Percy come along, and who is the child with you?" Frank exclaimed warmly, extending a welcoming tone to his friends.

"Frank, before we explain, it's crucial that you promise not to inform your father... at least until we have more information," Annabeth quickly interjected, as Frank led them towards Rayna and Hazel, who were engaged in a camp-related discussion.

"Annabeth!" Rayna greeted, breaking off from her conversation to acknowledge the new arrivals.

"Hello, Rayna. Are Tyson and Ella still nearby? I urgently need to speak with both of them. It's of utmost importance... Oh, please stop that," Annabeth swiftly redirected her attention to Percy, who had tugged on Rayna's hair.

Baby Percy giggled mischievously before darting off in pursuit of a butterfly.

"Who is that?" Rayna asked, rubbing her scalp.

"Unfortunately, that is the pressing issue. That child is no ordinary one; it used to be Percy. However, Hebe cursed him, resulting in this transformation... and I have approximately a week to find a way to reverse it before he faces expulsion from school. Moreover, it's crucial that nobody who harbors ill intentions towards Percy discovers his vulnerability. This is why I implore you, Frank, to refrain from informing your father. Ares ranks high on the list of individuals who would relish the opportunity to harm Percy while he's defenseless," Annabeth cautioned.

"Wait, that's Percy? Unbelievable! You have my word, he won't hear it from me," Frank promised, even as he struggled to comprehend the sight of the toddler gleefully chasing butterflies.

"I was hoping that Ella might have come across some relevant information in her readings, and perhaps Tyson can discreetly contact Poseidon without alerting the other gods," Annabeth explained.

"Tyson and Ella are currently at the city library," Rayna shared softly.

"Look, On-Ni, Look what I can do!" the young child exclaimed with excitement.

Annabeth turned her gaze towards Percy, who was manipulating water effortlessly, causing small waves in the Little Tiber without any physical contact.

"That's quite impressive, Percy," she replied, secretly cherishing the way he attempted to say her name.

Taking his tiny hand in hers, she guided him towards the city.

"As you enter the city, please surrender all weapons," Terminus commanded.

Annabeth and Grover promptly complied, handing over their weapons. Meanwhile, Percy noticed Terminus' little helper and engaged in a playful chase with her.

"Sorry, Percy, but we must continue on. Perhaps you two can play later," Annabeth reassured him, gently leading him towards the Library.

"Annabeth!" Tyson exclaimed with joy, enveloping her in a tight embrace.

"It's delightful to see you too. Is Ella nearby?" Annabeth inquired as Tyson released her.

"She's right over here," Tyson responded helpfully.