Chapter 6

Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan were at shopping mall. Wei Wuxian was collecting some jeans and bright coloured shirts. "Go inside the trial room and try these clothes" said Wei Wuxian while shoving all dresses at Lan Zhan. "What are these?" enquired Lan Zhan.

"These are modern clothes. You can't roam around in these robes forever."

"I don't want these colours."

"What is the problem in these colours? They look nice."

"I prefer white and blue" replied Lan Zhan.

"Okay, your wish. Let's find shirts in blue and white. ... Here these are, now go and try them." Lan Zhan took the clothes and went to trial room.

Lan Zhan came out of trial room in baby blue shirt tucked around denim jeans. 'He looks so beautiful in these modern clothes' Wei Wuxian thought to himself.

"It is fitting me right. Let's buy all these" said Lan Zhan pointing to the piles of dresses.

"What? All of these?" asked Wei Wuxian.

"Mn"

"Don't you think these are too much. You don't even have money."

"Mn... then you pay for it" Lan Zhan walked away. 'Ah, it looks like I have to borrow loans to meet the expenses of this sophisticated young master.'

Now Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian were at salon parlour.

"Is it necessary?"

"Ofcourse it is necessary. No man keeps his hair this much long in this era. You have to get your hair cut" said Wei Wuxian trying to remove Lan Zhan's headband. Lan Zhan stepped aside and looked at Wei Wuxian in horrifying gaze.

"You can't touch my headband. Only parents and significant others can touch it" informed Lan Zhan.

'How can I forget about this rule. Lan Zhan indeed cut the hand of that poor servant who was going to remove his headband , in my fic.' He sighed, "I am sorry, please help yourself".

Lan Zhan looked at his new look. 'This modern look is not that bad as I thought it would be.' He saw Wei Wuxian paying bill at the counter. 'Although I can threaten him into paying my expenses but I don't think he has enough money to afford my living standards. I have to do something about money.'     

"How do you people make money?" he asked Wei Wuxian.

"We do job and get paid" replied Wei Wuxian.

"Get me a job" he demanded.

"Sorry gege, I can't get you a job. That is something you have to do yourself"

"How can I get one?"

"Well you will need education and skill first, then apply for one at office, get interviewed; if you are selected you get the job. Ah... what skills do you have?" asked Wei Wuxian.

"I was most renowned cultivator, excelling in both sword and musical cultivation" he replied.

"While these skills no longer matters"

"Then lend me some money."

"How can I lend you? My financial condition is not that much good. I have just started my job."

"Then how am I going to survive without money" he asked annoyingly.

"I have an idea. You can sold these gold and silver coins and jade ornaments which you are carrying, at any jewellery shop" suggested Wei Wuxian.

"Mn.. your idea is good. Take me to the jewellery shop."

"Sorry. You have to go on your own. Listen, I have done more than enough, didn't I? I got you new clothes, new shoes, new haircut and I have taught you how to walk and cross busy roads. Now I am tired and I am going home. Bye." Wei Wuxian walked away after that. Lan Zhan tried to stop him  but refrained himself. 'What does this annoying Wei Wuxian thinks? I can handle all these alone. I don't need anyone. When I get money I can figure it out all by myself.' 

He came to the jewellery shop. "How can I help you, sir?" asked an attendant. "I want to sell this" he said while putting forward all his valuable jewels which were earlier stored in the pouch. The attendant was shocked to see that and called the manager. The manager and other employees were staring at him in the astonishment. 'It looks like no one had sold this much jewel at this shop.' 

"I haven't seen anything like this. Your coins and jewels are of high quality" said manager.

"Mn.. how much these worth?" he asked.

"Sir, please wait for sometime, I am arranging your money" manager reassured him. The manager asked further, "Would you like to get paid in cash, cheque or by online transaction?"

"In cash" he replied.

"Are you sure, that is huge amount?"

"Mn... I am sure"

"Who carries cash these days. This person is strange" muttered the manager.

Lan Zhan got the bag full of money. 'Now finally I can get a room at any nearby inn and will plan further to return to my world.' Suddenly he heard some noises-

"Hand over that gold chain or else we will kill you."

"No, I will not."

No, no, no....... Not this again. Lan Zhan disappeared.