Chapter 4: Knock Knock

Mr. Plant woke up early the following morning. He shut off his alarm, and stood out of bed quickly. He needed to leave his home and return before Argos woke up. Once Argos was awake, there was no telling when he'd come to visit Mr. Plant. He didn't need a distraction. Mr. Plant got dressed and left his home, watching the rising sun. The sun attracted his attention, as it does for all flowers. The thought of flowers put his mind back to his mission, and he began walking again.

Mr. Plant was determined to figure out why Mr. Flower had not responded to any of his letters, nor sent any of his own. Other void residents had not heard from Mr. Flower recently either. Mr. Plant continued his journey past a few small voids, before arriving to Mr. Flower's. He approached the door, and knocked twice. 

He knocked twice again.

And again.

This time he tried knocking three times.

There was still no answer. Mr. Plant decided to open the door anyways. Inside, he found nothing short of a disaster. There was destroyed furniture, holes in the walls, and rotting food in the kitchen. The blue, spotted wallpaper was tinted brown with a layer of dust, and the porcelain floors were scratched. Mr. Plant entered his bedroom. The bed was undone, and the white sheets were torn. The window was broken, something Mr. Plant hadn't noticed from outside. The rug on the floor was stained a darker shade, but he couldn't tell why. All of the drawers were opened, with their contents left all over the ground. Papers, clothes, and an assortment of trinkets Mr. Flower owned lined their way to the desk. As Mr. Plant walked over, the rug squished beneath him. A red liquid Mr. Plant recognized all too well rose and covered his shoe. Blood. Mr. Plant was concerned now, and approached the desk. Bits of paper covered the top. He picked up the largest one he saw, and recognized his own handwriting. He began piecing together small bits of paper, and realized all of the papers torn on his desk were his own letters.

He noticed a few photographs on the ground as well. Picking them up, he saw they too had blood on them. Where was Mr. Flower? Why was his void so messy and covered in blood? Mr. Plant flipped over the photograph and saw it was himself and Mr. Plant standing side by side in front of a park they'd gone to together. Mr. Flower's face was scribbled over, however. Mr. Plant dropped the photos and left his bedroom. He explored the rest of the house, finding some rooms completely normal, like that bathroom, and others as ravaged as the bedroom, such as his office. Anything containing the two of them was either destroyed or vandalized. Mr. Plant assumed it was someone who did not approve of them being friends, but he couldn't figure out who it was. Mr. Plant didn't have the best reputation in the voids, unlike Mr. Flower. Many residents could've disapproved their friendship, but he knew not many would go to these lengths to prevent it. Mr. Plant noticed the house had gradually gotten brighter, and knew he had little time left. He figured he could wait until Argos came over that day, and explain the situation to him. As the mailman, Argos would've been able to tell when Mr. Flower stopped accepting his mail. He headed home, and watched television for the rest of the day. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hello, Readers! As you can tell, the previous two week schedule didn't go according to plan. I've been very busy recently, so I'm unsure when I'll be able to post. I appreciate your patience! Once again, critiques and recommendations are welcome!