Chapter 14: Just Relax

•_______The Next Morning_______•
5:00 o'clock a.m

King Dice p.o.v.

Yesterday was a pretty tiring and a traumatic day for me. I really hope from now on it will be better 'cause with hell I'm going back there and forcing myself to be 'Nice and clean'. Plus i've made Boss angry.

I just need a break.

The alarm goes off because today is obviously the day I have to perform and I am totally feeling like it.

I get up and get dressed and wear my formal outfit and make-up. It's hard not to recognize me.

After a few minutes i hear a knock on my room's door. I put down gently my make-up utensils and make my way at the door. - Who's there, I'm gettin' ready here - I sassily answer at the repeated knocking.
- Ayye, Got sm'thin wrong with ya bud? It's me Wheezy. Just wanted to let ya know that The Big One wants ya in his office. - Mr.Wheezy answers, leaving me in panic. - Oh fuckin' splendid - I answers sarcastically - Tell him I'm almost ready, Beauty takes Hella of time! - I can't keep up with this nonsense anymore.

After finishing my 'second skin', as I call it, because i wear lots of make up, I get out of my room and I head straight to the Boss's office and with a big and long breath I knock upon his door.

*knock knock..knock..knock knock*

There it is my signature knock. Everyone of us has one so he knows who's knocking without asking thousands of time 'who's there', honestly I don't blame him at all.

- Took you long enough. Come in - There we are. Already starting off well I see.
I make my way in the office, as beautiful as always. I love Boss's taste, well, in some things tho- I did almost change everything in the casino 'cause it looked like death came there and left leaving the casino upside-down. But I appreciate his effort into fitting in the style.

- Why thank you - Boss smirk while resting on his throne. - Holy 'n shit, don't do that - I impulsively say - You can't read everyone's thoughts like that - I say while approaching to his desk. - Oh yes I can. You weren't talking so I was interested by what you were thinking.- He answered while leaning with his elbows on the desk and then resting his fist under his chin, waiting for me to sit down.

After a minute of absolute silence I break the ice with a cough. - So, why did you call me here? I should be openin' the casino by now - I try to make the Devil answer quick as I look at the clock upon his wall. It is pretty late though. - It's about yesterday.- He states looking down to me, without breaking any contact. "shit" i thought as all types of scenarios run in my head.

- I'm..not mad at you for losing. He cheated.- He paused at the first part. "That's new" -But my magic didn't told me that- I continue to believe that it is my fault. It's impossible that I didn't see him cheat. Could be?

-Well, he did cheat with his powers and since he been using it since he came in the casino you probably didn't see it.- Boss answered at my last comment breaking the eye contact that was during a bit too much.  So i've been useless since he came inside the casino. Fucking marvellous. 

-Don't be harsh on yourself. It's not your fault...- he pauses for a minute -Aaand tonight you aren't performing.- He said looking at his notebook while he browses pages of it.
-But I have to, the clients come here just for that purpose- I stand up trying to look at his agenda. -Well. Fuck the job for a minute of your life and relax. I'm taking you out tonight so be grateful. - He said fast, my heart started pumping.

I try to say something but I can't. I sit back down and after trying to get myself together I try to talk - Take me out? Tonight?- I look at him then i look at myself and look back at him. - Just a thought for your experience of yesterday, you need to relax. It's nothing like that.. Lovely stuff..- I am confused and at the same time amazed by this invite. -W..well Thank you sir- "did i just stutter?" well I do feel touched but not to stutter. I cringed at myself. As i was lost in my thoughts i looked at what was the Devil doing and I saw him looking at me. -Relax I'm not reading your thoughts- He laughed.
-Go and open up the casino. This evening I'll wait for you outside by 7:15 pm. don't be late.- He commanded while returning at his agenda. -Yes sir.- I excuse myself and get out of the office, feeling...strange.

It's that feeling again.

•_________Time passes_________•
6:15 p.m

3rd Person p.o.v.

The day has passed very fast for King Dice, his games were all good and the costumers were actually nice today. Nobody will try to assault him for a while after they saw the Devil mad for just a kiss given to him.

He was looking at the main clock at the Lobby every now and then just to make sure to not be late.

-Yo man, why so tensed up?- Chips asked, sneaking from behind -Oh nothin' to worry about Chips, just don't wanna be late for Boss, ya know how mad he is for th' time- K.D. answers while looking at some tables with his green eyes, resting at the higher angle of the casino where everything was visible. Chips just shrugged and went to the bar waiting for some people to beg for their souls. "How i love this place 'n job" Kind Dice thought while admiring and enjoying the view. Waiting for the time to come, he goes back in his room and prepares for the dinner out.

•_________Devil's POV_________•

I look every two minutes at the clock I have in my office with sweat on me as I start to regret my decision.
"I really am getting soft am i now?" I think while slapping my face in full embarrassment. I can't even think straight. I've been here hours with contracts and columns of paperwork on my desk and I haven't even signed a single one of them. Fuck. They are due tomorrow. I frown upon them.
Maybe I can just use my magic for this one time. Who cares, I'm the King of Hell and Darkness after all.

After using my magic to complete all of my paperwork I look at the time quickly. 7:20 pm. That's fine.

HOLD ON 7:20?!

I teleport outside looking for King Dice and he is there looking a bit confused.
- Here you are.- I spoke at him looking down. -You are late boss, that surprises me - He smiles at the comment he has made. -No i'm not. I've never told you when I would be here, I told you when to be here- I grin and I examine his look and the way he is dressed. He looks wonderful. As always.

-Well, where are we going?- He asks.

- To the best restaurant for the best Kings of Hell and Inkwell- I stated proudly.

We walk to the restaurant since it's near the Casino, It's about 10 minutes away.

~ The Nouveau cuisine restaurant ~

It was one of the most popular and expensive places and even the fancier. I turned my head to look at Dice and his look in awe was so beautiful.

Not like I would ever want him.

We wait for the line to pass and we talk a bit. Finally we both can relax.