010🌹

Alec leaned back and raised his head towards the sky enjoying the sun, he was still thinking about the kiss and smiled when he heard footsteps behind him

Alec slowly turned his head to the direction of the approaching footsteps, the smile on his face slipping away. A red haired person approached him but it wasn't his beautiful Evelyn that he had been waiting for a while.

He quickly got up and looked at the person who stopped in front of him. Staring blankly at him, crossing his arms over his chest, Alec moved his hands nervously.

He opened his mouth to speak but Elliot raised his hand to interrupt what the boy was about to say.

"I know about you and my sister, I know why you sneak into our backyard. I've seen your looks and smiles when my father's eyes avert." Elliot started and Alec grew more nervous.

Shifting his position and looking at the flowers in the meadow, he looked Elliot in the eye.

Elliot is the same age as he, a bit taller and more muscular, with the same hair and emerald eyes as Evelyn. He and Jane are twins but they don't look alike unlike these siblings who are a year apart in age, they could be twins.

"You know our father wants us married when we turn eighteen, I don't have time until March, Evelyn turns seventeen in January, she's running out of time." Elliot told and Alec swallowed.

The red haired boy let out a loud sigh and looked at the river. "My sister really likes you, I heard you two in her room yesterday." He said looking at the witch twin in front of him.

"Our father doesn't want her around you, you know he hit my sister. You can't come to our house anymore." Elliot continued talking and Alec looked down at his feet knowing where this conversation was going, where is Evelyn didn't she want to come?

"I give you my blessing."

Alec's head snapped up to meet the green eyes that were looking at him.

"My sister has always been a dreamer, she always daydreams alone, she has lived the fairy tales that we were told. She is rebellious and strong so she will do everything to be with you."

"And I like her too and I want to be with her, but your father..." Alec started and Elliot's head shaked.

"As long as our father lives in the same village, you cannot be together." Elliot explained and Alec looked at him.

"There's only one option."

✿✿✿

Evelyn had left her room quickly towards the front door, ignoring her mother's calls, she jogged towards the meadow and the river.

The hot summer sun was rising in the sky and she felt her cheeks warming to a rose color, but her legs wouldn't let her stop. She pushed forward and saw a river where a boy was sitting with a stick in his hand, wading in the river.

Evelyn reached the boy and Alec turned his head to look at the girl whose face was pink. "I apologize I slept a little too long." She apologized and Alec stood up taking her hand. "It is okay." He replied with a smile and Evelyn couldn't help but smile back.

The young people stared into each other's eyes for minutes before Alec spoke. "I want to be with you too, I really like you." He said, feeling his cheeks heat up.

Evelyn couldn't remember when she had smiled this wide, she looked into Alec's eyes and saw the lust in them. Evelyn raised her hands and placed them on either side of the boy's face, pulling him closer.

Connecting their lips and giving a kiss to which Alec responded this time. The kiss was something they both wanted, passionate, sweet and loving. Alec raised his hand to the girl's neck, deepening the kiss.

Evelyn leaned back, opening eyes a smile on her lips she looked Alec in the eyes and he stroked her face and connected their lips again.

Evelyn can't remember the last time she was this happy, a smile that never left her face. She leaned against the warm chest and let the sun burn her pale face. Alec stroked her hair and held the girl to his chest as if afraid she would disappear.

Evelyn opened her eyes and turned her head to meet the blue eyes that were looking at her already. She raised hand and Alec moved his other hand to connect them.
He could look into the girl's eyes forever. Leaning down, he placed a small kiss on her lips.

"Your brother came to me earlier." Alec said and Evelyn moved. "Oh no what did he say?" She asked quickly changing her position with a worried look on her face. Alec stroked her cheek and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. He kissed the girl once more before explaining.

"He had been listening to us last night." He started and Evelyn sighed.

"That son of a..."

Alec cut her off with a chuckle.
"He gave us his blessing."

"He what?" Evelyn asked in surprise and raised an eyebrow.

"He wanted to meet me alone before he knew you were coming, he wants you to be happy, but he asked us to stay hidden from your father and he might have threatened me as well." Alec said with a chuckle and Evelyn rolled her eyes.

✿✿✿

Evelyn leaned into Alec and they looked at the river in front of them. Alec picked a flower and placed it behind Evelyn's ear and she smiled prettily. "My beautiful flower." Alec spoke softly and lifted the girl's chin up to get a good look at her.

It was easy for them to keep it a secret, especially with her brother now helping out. But Evelyn still felt a small sadness in her chest because how could she ever marry Alec, in her father's presence he would never allow it. If he knew, he would take the whole family out of the village, far away from Alec.

She would never stand for that. Evelyn doesn't understand how her feelings for Alec are so strong when they haven't even known each other for weeks.