Youthful Indiscretion

Author's note: Before proceeding to the work, I'd like you to read chapter 1 to 4 of Ephemeral Twilight (the main storyline) first for better fluidity of the story

"The previous forest deity died from opposing the laws of divine. And in place, the world gave birth to a new one. That is you, my dear forest faery."

~~

Why is it that the sun punishes the desert?

As to why the moon loves the forest as it loves the dark?

Why was it that the desert and forest never saw each other eye to eye?

As to why the sun and moon regarded each other with remark?

Hums the hymn by the tiny creatures marching through the thick woodland with leaves tied around their necks as if they were kids with capes. A stick in their padded paws as they lined up behind one another.

The breeze told us so~

The day of the ascension approaches. A boy, looking no older than thirteen, sat in a room surrounded by papers and books. Fair skin and a delicate face. He was a sight to behold. Beauty and handsome molded together in this god-sculpted being.

No, he was more than just god-sculpted, for he, himself, is a god.

He was raised in a forest where it lives to only see the moon. But the bluish hues of the night that stretched for eternity painted a backdrop for the forest to glow.

It was his favorite scene. The tall windows of the study provided him a paranoma view to admire the luminescent flora in the distance. To the eyes who never saw past the walls of the grand academia, it was the epitome of ethereal that would never strike as flamboyant.

"How would you feel about a long trip to the border?" they asked him once. It was for an event the sages have struck with the desert priests.

It was a long-fulfilled tradition. A tradition that only happens once every god's era. Its purpose was to establish a good connection to the other half of Sumeru, to maintain balance in their region.

With nothing much in mind, he agreed instantaneously. To the sages, attendance was to only maintain their image, he knew as much so there was no place for expectations.

The journey wasn't long as they said it was, not long compared to what immortality had laid for him but, long enough for someone who never set foot outside the walls to feel stiff and tired. Much to his comfort, they arrange him the best close carriage carried by emerites and filled with cushions for his leisure. The whole luxury of the carriage seemed too unnecessary for Tighnari but they had to make sure there would be no tarnish to the future faery's name.

The air settled a bit dry in his lungs, catching whiff of the supple golds of the distant sandy dunes. It was different to the humidity of the forest. The grass was yellow when he peaked through the curtains.

The river of lamps his carriage swam on turned the lights off one by one as the sky of twilight purple clashed with the red dividing line of dawn. Yellow grass turned to sand as night transitioned to day and soon enough, Tighnari was sweating bullets inside his own carriage.

Everything was bright, even inside his box. How blinding would it be if he were outside? Surely, it wasn't just him suffering from having to spend his entire years in an eternal nocturnal forest. The numerous groans and slight sluggish state of his moving carriage proves as much.

But then everything came to a halt. This prompted the boy to peer out the gaps in the walls.

He saw people, exposedly dressed in loose garbs and skin glistening tan under the golden sun, was the reason. Most of them were armed while some had striking headpieces with dark tall ears.