I Wish...

I lay in bed and all I could hear was the pouring rain. "What a great way to start the Easter holidays!", I thought. I got out of bed and put on my fluffy pink & purple dressing gown. Slowly I crept down the grand staircase and tip-toed into the sitting room. It was quite cold so I asked Jennifer (my servant) to light the fire, as to be honest I am quite afraid of matches, I'd be afraid that I would burn down the house. That's what happened to my friend Ellie. She and her family all died that night. Ellie's body was never found, but everyone else's were.

MEANWHILE

I woke up saturated. I guess I lost track of time as I have no calendars and I can't afford to go to school. Today is the beginning of the Easter holidays!!!! Oh it is horrible! All my old friends staring at me and saying to each other " That girl looks just like Ellie! Do you think it's her?", the other one would then reply back, "Don't be silly!! Ellie is dead! She died in that house fire!". My clothes are soaked and I have no money to buy new ones or to buy food! I began to write a sign.

It said: "Hi! My name is Ellie. My family died in a house fire but I escaped. I have no food or money and only the clothes that I am wearing. Please help me or I will definitely die a slower and more painful death than my family!

I put the sign beside my basket (which is currently empty) and fell asleep.