Ch. 16 - Alpha's Object

Kiera POV

"This is fucking great! How dare those assholes come into my house and speak that way to my wife! I'm going to make them pay." Jackson was filled with rage and I wanted to laugh at him. He actually seemed angry that they disrespect me. Like he actually cared about my honor. I knew it was only his image he was protecting though.

"Mate, please calm down. You're upsetting our child." Amy stood and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Jackson's arm snaked around her and his body relaxed from her touch. I suddenly wanted to throw up again. This whole time he swore he rejected her, begged me to forgive him, and he was really fucking her behind my back. The depths of his many deceptions was eating away at me.

I swear I saw a flash of disgust on Devon's face too, but he said nothing. Jackson nodded for him to leave and Devon did as he was told without giving me a second glance. How could I expect Devon to be anything to me when he was Jackson's Beta? Everyone in my life was nothing to me anymore, and that stung just as bad as Jackson turning into some tyrant asshole overnight.

"I need to take care of these Alphas. Why don't you call the other Lunas and spend the day at the spa? I don't want any harm to come to my son." Jackson placed a hand on her belly.

"I'd rather spend the day with you." She gave him a sexy smile, but he actually seemed annoyed with her.

"I have work to do, Amy. Don't upset me and listen to what I tell you." His tone was so dismissive to her. He would had never dared to speak to me that way. Athena would had ripped his head off.

"I won't leave you alone with her. I'm your mate! You should had rejected her already!" Amy started shouting, stomping her foot and throwing a whiny tantrum like a child. My eyes widened at the grown woman acting like toddler.

"Baby, please calm down. I don't have time for this." Jackson looked exhausted to have to deal with her and I smiled. I hope he is miserable with her.

"You don't have time for your mate?" Her eyes swelled with tears and I rolled mine. Is she for real?

"I always have time for you." He pulled her into his arms and kissed her head. "Amy, I need to handle this situation. It's very serious and our pack could be in danger. Can you please let me work?" He practically begged her. His voice sounded so sincere too, but the look in his eyes was all annoyance. Another act from out great Alpha. I really wish I could ram a spear into his heart.

"Fine! Can I at least take your little whore with me? I don't like you being alone with her."

"Amy, I need Kiera to work out a solution. She is my wife and also this pack's Luna. You need to understand." His tone was annoyed again and she pouted to him. "I'll make it up to you tonight, I promise." He kissed her lips and she smiled. They were an odd fucking pair.

"Fine! You have a lot to make up though. You won't ever sleep in her bed again either. You promised me!" She demanded.

"I haven't touched her since I laid eyes on you, sweetheart." He kissed her lips and I was going to seriously throw up this time. He was such a dick and so damn convincing too. I can't believe I fell for all his lies for so long.

We watched Amy sway her hips out the door then Jackson sank down his chair.

"She gives me such a headache." He looked at me for help, like I would actually feel bad for him.

I just glared at him, crossing my arms at my chest. Did he really think I would just be fine with all this? I would help him figure out how to free ourselves from the twin Alphas and stay at his side. I might have been the fool before, believing in our marriage and that he loved me, but I won't be a fool anymore. It was Jackson's turn to be humiliated.