The sandy race

(It's the afternoon, cars arrive with their loud engines intertwining with each other, fainted cheers are heard, the ferry making eerie noises as if it's cheering for the racers as-well)

The vibe was perfect for the weather. The air was alive with warmth and a gentle caress of a salty breeze. The sun was hung high, causing the golden rays to illuminate the sea. The calm, quiet vibrant blue of the ocean was swashing subtly, almost inviting you to dive into its fresh embrace. It all encapsulated the afternoon summer.

The beach was alive with activity. Everyone was crowded behind the barriers, being handed drinks (especially beers) and food. Their cheers engulfed through the air creating a ripple effect in the ocean.

John b: I never knew it was gonna be this busy. (Gets pushed by crowds of people walking to the front of the barrier)

Sarah: well, whenever my brother used to do racing, it was always so packed, security had to actually stop people coming in, it was insane.

Cleo: so do we need to bet on who wins?

(They manage to make it to the front of the crowd, having an exclusive view of the starting line)

Sarah: not necessarily, I mean rafe always bribed people with drugs so the cheer would be louder and his determination would be through the roof, and yeh of course he would win as per usual, but I'd rather just focus and cheer on jay.

Kiara: i wonder when they'll start, I know Jj has been preparing for this about a week, I bet he's eager to win this. He was even making motorbike sounds and gestures, virtual reality type of shit. (Giggles)

Pope: I'm just wondering why 11 bikes are aligned across the starting line, shouldn't there be 10?

(John b shrugs)

Cleo: doesn't matter the number, we just gotta cheer on our guy right guys?

(They all gather together close and do the woogity woogity)

(Microphone squeaks as it's adjusted to the right pitch and a sweaty armpit man pats the microphone trying to work it)

Host: (clears throat)
OKAY RACER FANS, WELCOME TO THE RACE OF THE OBX REVOLUTION

(Everyone cheers, especially kiara screeching high, and doing determined gestures)

Host: WHOEVER WINS THIS SHOW WILL BE GIVEN THE MOST RAREST MOTORBIKE, THIS IS THE ONLY MOTORBIKE THAT EXISTS WORLDWIDE, SO CHERISH IT BOYS (chuckles)

Pope: this is killing me with anticipation

Kiara: yeh hell yeah

Cleo: almost anxiety style eh (while playing with her knife)

(The host introduced the racers as they all got on their bikes)

Host: OKAY, IT'S THE SNEAKY, RAPID LIGHTNING BOLT...JJ MAYBANK!

pogues: WOOOOOO CMON JJ!

(Kiara does heart gestures to Jj and her smile lines are as deep as it could be)

Kiara: CMON JJ YOU GOT THIS!

(Jj overhears and looks towards the pogues, his eyes are transfixed on kiara, and he smiles at her, with his loving eyes)

Host: AND NOW THE LAST RACER, THE STRONG, PROACTIVE KIND, THE ONE AND ONLY CAMERON STANDING...RAFE!

(The pogues are suddenly shocked and threatened for Jj)

Kiara: there's no fucking way, why is your brother here!?

Sarah: I don't even know, he has no audacity to be here (crosses arms)