Late night

It was a peaceful, cloudy night in Konaha.

You had just moved to the big city. It nearly cost you an arm and a leg, but you had managed. The apartment you had lived in was cozy and modern. It was pretty big for an apartment with an even greater price, but it was so lovely and homey that you settled for it.

Your newfound home had come with minor setbacks, the setbacks being roommates. It was chaotic because you were a silly little college student who had to share an apartment with four additional people to afford this grand lifestyle.

All your roommates caused some form of annoyance, causing drama every day.

Deidara was a blonde with an ego as high as a stoner at an aquarium. He acted like an overprotective brother and always tried to embarrass you when you had classes together.

Itachi was perfect. He was a handsome man with excellent manners and was always clean. His brother Sasuke has been your best friend since high school, which made it easier to get along with him.

Kisame was a kind man but always seemed suspicious. He brings around some man-whore named Hidan, who loves getting under everyone's skin and won't stop trying to get in your pants.

Konan was the only other girl. She is very kind, but she keeps bringing her boyfriend and best friend (Yahiko and Nagato) over, and one of them steals over half of the food in the fridge.

During such a lovely night, the last thing she wanted to do was think about her obnoxious roommates, especially after the stunt they pulled today, almost burning down the apartment. Y/n went on a long walk despite it being dark out.

Lately, Y/n has been depressed, getting upset over every inconvenience, Her stepfather has recently been convicted of his crimes and her family is currently in shambles, and her cousin, who was like a best friend cut contact with everyone including her, not wanting to deal with her family "bullshit", guess ticking together wasn't her plan after all.

Y/n had walked a long while to avoid the noise at her shared apartment and found herself lost in a park far from home.

Y/n was sitting on a bench, enjoying the scenery and cool weather. It had rained the other night, so the park was empty and smelt like wet grass. She pulled out her phone and stared at her lock screen for a while. It was her and her Jayla dressed up as little ghosts. She began to think back to those days when she and her cousin were practically glued together. Two peas in a pod doing everything together, from the first day of school to picking clothes for graduation.

How could she?? Y/n thought to herself as she clenched her fist

Eventually, she unlocked it and scrolled mindlessly through apps, barely taking a second to read the text displayed. The group chat her roommates had created was blowing up, asking where she was because it was late. She ignored all the messages she received and let her mind wander, beginning to dread the work she had to do tomorrow and the annoying bitches on campus.

Y/n had not focused on anything until it started to rain. The water dripping on her screen had snapped her out of her daze.

She looked up, groaning because she completely forgot about the weather forecast from this morning. While she mentally slapped herself for bringing nothing but a thin jacket, her phone slipped out of her hand and cracked. (Cries in iPhone user) She gasped, quickly picking up her phone, and glared at her phone's shattered screen.

"I just fucking bought this!" Y/n spoke lowly, angrily throwing her phone, watching it bounce off the sidewalk and into the grass.

The rain only got heavier, dampening her clothes.