𝟎𝟎.

"My Lady? Y/N?" The voice of a person called out, addressing the lady in question

"My Lady? Y/N?" The voice of a person called out, addressing the lady in question. A maiden approached and gently shook the lady's shoulder, trying to capture her attention. The lady's gaze was focused in a particular direction, although she wasn't actively drawing attention to it. Deep in her thoughts, she seemed lost and preoccupied. However, the issue was that her mind was completely devoid of any coherent ideas or thoughts.

"Lady Y/N!" Upon hearing her name being called, Y/N slowly regained awareness, having been lost in deep thought for several minutes. Startled by the abrupt yell, she turned her head to find her personal maid, a trusted handmaiden, standing nearby. Concerned for her well-being, the maid inquired, "Are you alright? You seem to have been lost in your thoughts lately.."

She responded with a flat tone, "I'm fine." Her handmaiden, growing increasingly concerned, cautiously asked, "Are you sure?" Slowly turning her head to face the handmaiden, she wore an expressionless look that made the handmaiden quite uneasy. Reassuringly, she insisted, "Ms. Divine, I said I'm fine." Divine let out a weary sigh, fully aware that her master had no intentions of responding honestly.

"Maybe we should hire you a right hand man-"

"No."

"Oh, don't be picky. I'm just trying to help!"

"I do not need a right hand and especially not a man." Y/N sighs. "Call the servants. Tell them to clean the table now." she demanded. "Uhm, alright." Obliging, Divine walked away from Y/N and located a bell with a rope in a nearby corner. She firmly grasped the rope and pulled it twice, causing the resonant chime of the bell to reverberate throughout the room. In no time at all, the swift response of the attentive servants became evident as they promptly appeared in the vicinity, ready to fulfill their duties.

"Clean the table, please." Divine ordered.

The servants quickly sprang into action, clearing the table with practiced efficiency. As they worked silently, Divine couldn't help but glance back at Lady Y/N, who remained seated with an air of detachment. Her gaze was distant, as if she was still lost in the labyrinth of her thoughts. Divine worried that something was truly troubling her mistress, but Y/N had always been skilled at masking her emotions.

Once the table was immaculate, Divine dismissed the servants with a nod, leaving her and Lady Y/N alone once more. Divine took a deep breath, gathering her courage to broach the subject again. "My Lady, if there's anything bothering you, I'm here to listen. You know you can confide in me, right?"

Y/N looked up at Divine, her eyes softening slightly. For a brief moment, her stoic facade seemed to falter, revealing vulnerability beneath. But just as quickly, she composed herself and replied, "There's nothing to worry about, Ms. Divine. It's just... some personal matters that I need to sort out on my own."

Divine bit her lip, conflicted between respecting her Lady's privacy and her genuine concern for her well-being. "I understand, My Lady. But please remember, you don't have to bear everything alone. You have people who care about you and want to help."A subtle gratitude flickered in Y/N's eyes, and she nodded in acknowledgment. "Thank you, Ms. Divine. I know you mean well, but I must handle this in my own way."