Chapter - 4

One week later:

Yuna was sitting at the cafeteria having her lunch. Taehyung was busy with work today and her friend Sora was on leave.

"Noona, do you mind if I join?"

Yuna looked up and saw Eunwoo was standing there giving his charming smile.

"No no please come. I'll be more than happy to have some company today."

Eunwoo was calling her sunbae when he first started, but Yuna asked him not to call her that. As it made her feel very old. Also, they were bonding well as office coworkers, so they started calling each other casually.

"See, everywhere you go people's eyes follow you. It seems like I'm having lunch with a celebrity." Yuna chuckled.

"Yeah it becomes very irritating sometimes. But I thought you'd be habituated by now, as people keep staring at Mr. Kim too like this." Eunwoo laughed.

"You shouldn't spend so much time with Sora. She's not a good influence.
But on a serious note, come to think of it, you both do spend so much time together. What's cooking huh?" Yuna asked.

"Ayy come on noona. We're just friends."

"It all starts with being friends." she said teasing him.

"Yeah like you and Mr. Kim?"

"Ok ok enough. I'm going to refill some things. You need anything?"

Eunwoo shook his head and she went.

He continued having his meal, when he heard a voice.

"Oh my look at you. You can be among the top 5 of my collections."

Eunwoo looked up and saw a woman standing there, eyeing him in a weird way.

"Excuse me?"

"Take my card. Call me if you want to have some real fun." she winked at him.

But before Eunwoo could say anything, he heard Yuna's voice.

"Yaa Kang Juri. What are you doing?"

Juri made a face.
"Again you. Why are you always around the beauties I like?"

"Does Taehyung know about this? That you go around flirting with other guys?"

"Why, are you going to tell on me? As if he's going to believe you. Fine, go ahead."

"Don't forget this you retarded maniac, you just came in his life 1-2 years back. I'm there since 20 freaking years."

"Oh really? And what are you to him since all these years? Just a friend. I came just a year back but became his girlfriend. And in the future too, you're still going to remain a friend, but I'll get a promotion and become his wife."

"You think these tags decide how close you are with a person? Yes you're his girlfriend, but we know each other more than anyone else."

"Huh. Then tell me one thing, why didn't he ever get feelings for you? I mean, if you both are so close, you're of opposite genders.. But still, all these years, he just kept you as his best friend. Nothing more."

Hearing that Yuna's expressions changed.
"What.. Do you mean..?"

"Listen girl, I'm just trying to pull you out of your delusional world. You think that day he spent time with you just because he wanted to? He could because I allowed him. I was feeling tired that day, that's why I agreed to postpone our date. If I wanted, I could have convinced him otherwise too. Just like that movie date when you two actually had to go. So you see, he's totally under my control. You're getting to spend time with him only when I show some mercy on you, not because of your friendship or other bullshit. The reality is, he gives me red roses on Valentine's day, but for you it's always going to be yellow roses on a friendship day. That's the difference between you and me."