The Dumping Ground

~1~ Freedom: Part 1.

"Bye, Mike!"

"Have a good time! Bye!"

The kids waved bye to Mike, the social worker, who was going on holiday.

"Bye, kids!" said Mike.

"Bye!" said the kids.

They all watched as Mike grabbed his bags and headed out the door. Gina was to take care of them, now Mike's gone.

Meanwhile, Jody and Tyler crept into the office. No one was there. Tyler searched for the keys to the special drawer.

"Tyler! Here's the keys!" whispered Jody, throwing the keys to Tyler.

Tyler unlocked the drawer and brought out an envelope.

"What's that?" asked Jody.

Tyler opened the envelope and emptied it. Tyler gasped as 100s of £s jumped into his hand.

"It's money... A lot of money!" said Tyler.

Suddenly, Gina came walking to the office!

"Who's there?" said Gina.

Jody gasped and Tyler pushed her under the desk. Tyler grabbed the money, locked the drawer and placed the money into his pocket.

Gina walked into the office.

"Tyler! What are you doing here? Get out!" said Gina.

Tyler hung his head in shame and walked out of the office, with the money in his back pocket. Gina followed Tyler out of the office, while Jody slowly followed.

As Gina went upstairs, Tyler rushed into the living room and showed the money to Frank, Johnny, Tee, Carmen, Harry, Jody and Elektra.

"Woah! That's a lot of money!" said Johnny, holding the money.

"Stop it! Put the money back! You're not supposed to have it!" said Tee, Johnny's younger sister.

"Tee, don't worry. Gina won't find out!" said Carmen, Tee's friend.

"Won't find out what?" said Gina, (Who had suddenly come in.) raising a brow.

Harry gasped as Johnny hid the money.

"...That... That Lily's coming today...?" said Elektra, taking a glance at Carmen, Lily's best friend.

Lily lived with her dad. Before, she used to live at the Dumping Ground. Now Lily just stays on respite care.

"... Yeah. Lily's coming." said Carmen.

"Really? She didn't tell me about that... But ok. Lily can come." said Gina.

Gina walked out of the living room while Carmen glared at Elektra angrily.

"Now I have to go call Lily! What if she refuses? What do I do then?" asked Carmen.

"Then... Just say that something came up. It's not hard." said Frank.

Carmen sighed and went to call Lily.

Johnny brought out the money again and said how he was going to buy a metal detector with it.

"Can I buy a toy?" asked Harry. Johnny nodded.

Johnny spent half the money on his metal detector, while the rest was used for things Elektra, Carmen, Harry, Frank, Tyler and Jody wanted to buy.

While Gina was doing paperwork, she sent the kids into the garden.

It was a large garden. Out the back door, there were steps leading to the garden. The garden was filled with grass, except for a small path leading to the benches. Sometimes, when the kids were sad, deep in the trees they sat on these dark-green chairs, to calm down.