Chapter 2:An Emergency Meeting

"You are back"Josh said as soon as I step into the office

"Of course I am back.What?Do you expect me to go home instead of coming back here or something?"I replied,placing the drinks on his table.

"I would do that.I miss our office.It's so uncomfortable here.Wow the matcha is strong.Which cafe did you go to?"He said taking another sip

"Wisely Cafe.It is just a 10-15 minutes walk from here.Their drinks and food there are good and the price is worth it."I replied,taking a sip from my drink

After having a short chat,we went back to our work.We were assign to find leads from the evidence and bodies that was found from the past weeks but unfortunately none of the past criminals patterns matches or is simillar to the current pattern.Every murderer has their own pattern,even if it looks the same,there will be something that is different even by one thing.That is how crucial accuracy is in these kind of things.

Suddenly the alarm went off,indicating there is a case that needs urgent attention.It hasn't even been 5 minutes since I sat.All the officers tooo their coats and went out of the station.Josh and I went to the report room to ask.

"What happened?Is it related to the L.H killer?"I asked

"Actually yes,a citizen just gave a call saying she discovered a dead body with those initials.She also said she happen to see what the suspect was wearing and where they went."The operator answered.

"Where is then location?"

"Mulberry street near,the alley next to Anton's bookshop"

Upon hearing that,I rushed back to my desk and get my bag to head down to the location.I decided to walk as it wasn't too far.This street looks very familliar...That was when it hit me,it was the same path I took earlier.I stop at the alley where the police have already put a 'Do Not Enter' tape.I look ahead and Wisely Cafe was just a few shops down.Maybe if I had stayed slightly longer,I could have witness the killing or....be the victim.I shuddered from the thoughts appearing in my head.I look at the scene where there were people in white uniform went around the body and took pictures.Near me,was a policeman taking the statement of the one who called the police earlier.

"I didn't saw clearly but he was about 170cm or taller and he was covered in black from head to toe.He also had a black cap with a small smiley face at the front."The witness said

The description seemed so familiar to me.Just like the guy I encountered at Wisely Cafe earlier.I made a mental note to myself to ask the witness if he had a fruity perfume smell on him.If he did,the guy I accidently bumped into could be the same one who murdered the victim.

"Alright,thank you miss for your statement.We will call you down to the police station if we need more assistence.Thank you for cooperating."

The women started walking away from the policeman and I followed her.Before she got too far,I manage to grab her arm and stop her.She gasped in suprise and turned to me.

"Sorry for grabbing you like that.I actually over heard your statement to the policeman just now and I wanted to clarify something with you."

I asked in the most polite and softest tone I could bring out.After all I didn't want to scare her,she is probably traumatised enough from witnessing a murder scene earlier.

"Oh um I'm not sure if I can provide anything.I pretty sure I hav-"

"Did you smell any fruit scented perfume on him?Or maybe just any perfume?"I cut her off

My heart started beating faster waiting for her answer.For some reason I was scared,nervous even but I don't know why.

"Umm well,he wasn't too far from me when walking away and I didn't smell anything from him so I don't think he did."She finally said after pondering for awhile.

I heaved a sigh of relieve and said thank you before she left.I thought I got my heart beating for a killer.Imagine if it was really him,oh god that wouldn't be good.

A lawyer having feelings for a criminal.That's really weird.