Some glimpse of the past - ( Part - 1 )

Author's Pov

Every coin has two sides, each displaying different pictures or symbols with various meanings. We can't see both sides at once. Similarly, every incident in our lives has multiple facets, which we cannot perceive all at the same time. Our understanding depends on daily activities, emotions, reactions, different situations, the motives of the people around us, and most importantly, our point of view.

For example, whether we are at home, on study premises, or at work, if we slip and fall on the floor, our first thought is usually that it was our own clumsiness that caused us to miss the water on the floor and get hurt.

It never occurs to us at first that perhaps someone might pour water on the floor intentionally to make us fall and get hurt.

We don't initially think that someone might want to harm us directly or indirectly. We cannot imagine that some people might harbor desires in their hearts to prevent us from living our lives peacefully and happily.

It was a perfect example that described Olivia's current situation. She believed that everything happening to her was a consequence of decisions she had made years ago, including her mistaken perception of her husband's true nature. Consequently, her old enemies seized the opportunity to exact revenge on both her and her father.

Actually, she had only been seeing one side of all the incidents. Unbeknownst to her, everything happening at that time was part of a conspiracy by certain individuals seeking revenge against her and her father. These people aimed to achieve multiple objectives with their actions, and had been plotting their destruction for many years.

Everything began 25 years ago when Mr. Ronaldo Whitley officially met Miss Evelyn Taylor to solve a serial murder case.

                                ***

                         25 Years Ago

"Ron, get out now! I can't handle it anymore!" a groaning voice came from outside the bathroom, accompanied by banging on the door.

"Just give me 2 minutes, DK. I'm almost done," the reply came from the bathroom, causing someone to lose his temper early in the morning.

"What the hell! You've been saying this to me for the last 20 minutes. What are you doing there? Are you sleeping while pooping? Open the door now, or I'll break it!"

"Calm down, DK, or you'll poop in your underwear," Ron replied, laughing.

"Fuck you! Ouch!" DK groaned, bending down slowly and placing his right hand on his stomach.

At that moment, the bathroom door opened, and Ron emerged wearing a bathrobe, causing DK to widen his eyes in shock.

"You moron! I was about to poop in my underwear because of you, while you were leisurely taking a shower inside, leaving me standing outside for no reason!" DK's outburst was filled with anger, and his frustration was apparent in his features.

"I forgot to apply the new hair gel I bought last night. If you're not going to use the bathroom, let me know. I'll go back in to fix my hair," Ron teased, raising his left eyebrow.

"Get out of my way!" DK shouted, then entered the bathroom.

Ron chuckled as he headed toward the cupboard to get dressed. After opening it, he hesitated, pondering which outfit would make him look more handsome tonight.

"Which dress would be perfect for me to wear tonight? I need to look even more handsome than DK to lure my prey into my trap," he thought to himself. With determination, he began pulling out shirts from the wardrobe, trying each one on and examining himself in the mirror.