Nightmares

Prelude

Charlette shockingly looks at her sister Ophelia with tears streaming down her face as the flower people are using magic to kill her with vines from the forest.

Her sister Ophelia is crying and pleading with the flower people to spare her life, but they refuse to heed her pleading cries.

After a few minutes, Ophelia's body hits the ground and there is no longer any life left inside of her.

A light from around Charlette's neck glows and explodes. The whole world is instantly consumed in darkness............

Present

Charlette is sweating profusely as she wakes up in an unfamiliar place. She has somehow ended up on a couch and when she opened her eyes there was a stranger staring right at her.

"Where am I?", asked Charlette. "Welcome Charlette Spencer", said the voice of the stranger.

Charlette sits up on the couch and realizes her sister isn't there with her.

"Where am I and where is my sister?", asked Charlette concerned that this nightmare might be real.

As the stranger looks at her, she suddenly remembers the horrible nightmare and being defeated puts her head into her hands.

As her head is down the stranger responds by saying, "She's dead Charlette".

Charlette looks up and gasps placing her hand over her mouth trying to hold back tears and vomit.

"This isn't funny at all. I don't know what vile game you are playing but I know my sister isn't dead", said Charlette as some anger started to form within her.

"It's true! All because you're too plagued by your imaginary demons to save her from real ones!", shouted the stranger as he stared at her with a disappointed expression.

Flashback

Charlette is standing by the water crying as her sister Ophelia is getting choked by vines.

"Help me Charlette please!", cries out Ophelia looking at her sister Charlette.

Charlette stares at her sister and then turns towards the water.

'Sister please help me!", Ophelia says as she stares at her sister in disbelief that she has turned her back on her while she is getting killed.

Charlette turns her head and stares at her sister cockily. She answers her sister with the most shocking words. "Finally you get what you deserve. Death looks good on you sis.", said Charlette as she is smiling with tears coming down her face.

Ophelia is shocked and crying as her body hits the ground lifeless.

Charlette is now crying even harder as she sees her sister's lifeless body and her amulet around her neck turns purple.

Flashback fades out...

"Wait! That wasn't me! I love my sister!", says Charlette to the stranger with tears streaming down her face.

She looks the stranger straight in the eyes and says, "I will do anything for my sister. Please!"

"Anything?", asked the stranger.

Charlette grabs her purple amulet and as she is firmly holding it to her heart, a flashback goes back to Ophelia's neck. On her neck you see the same amulet, but it is pink.

Back to the present...

"Yes, I will do anything for my sister. I love her with my whole heart, mind, and soul.", said Charlette strongly and more confidently looking up at the stranger with dried tears on her face.

The stranger didn't respond to Charlette and instead just pointed to a cup of hot chocolate that she hadn't noticed before.

"So, you want me to drink that? Is it going to help me save my sister?", Charlette asked the stranger.

The stranger nodded yes.

Charlette took the cup of hot chocolate and drank it until there was no more left. All of a sudden, she had gotten sleepy and laid down into a deep slumber.