13

Nightmare
*Zhai*

We started talking. Conversing. Or so it seemed. In the middle of our conversation I started getting a vivid feel of my eyes being closed. But that can't be? I'm awake and talking to Daniel. But sure enough once i forced my eyes completely open I was shown a seen that was nothing like I was in prior. My room a mess. Cal still nowhere to be found. My phone right beside me. But no Daniel, and no conversation. A dream that I so wanted to be a nightmare. Dreams hold meaning, a purpose, a causation, though nightmares do also hold the concept of fear, and suspiciousness. Either way Daniel was taking up space in my head and I couldn't blame it on the off balance of the alcohol that had already seem to leave my system.

It was harsh.

Like a wave all of my emotions kept hitting me and coming to me at a time where I was suppose to be asleep. Unconscious. Why at such a random time. Why at a time where I was suppose to be guarded. And why at a time after I had so desperately convinced myself I had moved on from. Questions pouring inside my head that made me feel like I was drowning. Dying. Like Im a body in a channel during a Tsunami. My head starts to spin and my stomach starts to turn as I feel my safe space being flooded with harm. And stupidly enough I pick up the phone to go directly to the source of all of my insanity.

" Can you come over" I text hoping, praying he even recognizes my number as it's been a minute since I've used it.

I waited. Seconds. Minutes. An hour and no response until I heard my phone ping and my lock screen pops up.

" I'm outside" Is all it reads and I can't help but give a faint smile.

I open to door for him and there he stands tall with his jaw clenched, his eyes seemingly drained. Yet calm and nonchalant.

" What's wrong?" I ask him as if he came over here on a limb.

" Zhai what time is it" He asks as if I don't know. Defensiveness starts to take place and I don't know if it's rightful.

".. I don't know"

"2:07
2:07 in the morning. So I'm sorry if i'm not entirely cheery"

" You didn't have to come over"

" You didn't have to text me" Defensive overwhelms his body too"

" About?"

" I don't know. It's been a fucked night. First I'm here talking to you about your dad leaving, next it's all a dream and I wake up miserable"

" You had a bad dream and you think it's relevant to call me" He said as if i shouldn't have called. I shouldn't.

" ... Guess not"

__________________________

what the fuck is up guys . myb i've been SOO INNACTIVE but yk maybe i won't be but this is a VERY short lil chapter. also BOTH characters are not meant to be perfect. both are assholes but that's ok !!! character development i'm looking at the future but anyways ill see yall later bye bye🐙